Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS service

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 03:29 PM
masmd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS service

Just a quick note to vent. Dave, you were kind enough to discuss some problems with me regarding a FZ 53 that I think overheated on break in. I sent the motor in, heard nothing for 2 weeks. I called to make sure they had received the motor and was told they had and it would be run "tomorrow". I called back in about 3 days after expecting a call and was told they hadnt gotten to it yet. I let another week go by and called again. I was then told that it had been a while since the engine was tested and the person on the phone had forgotten what was wrong. He talked to another guy in the shop who refreshed his memory. He told me the engine had no compression (as I had told them in the note that I had sent) and said the engine wasnt able to be repaired for less than a 63 would cost.... about $180 (given a trade in discount). I asked that the motor be shipped back and I would obtain a cylinder and piston to repair it myself. The motor is being shipped as we speak in a bag disassembled. Basically, I waited a month and a half to be told that a NIB engine lost compression, they dont know why but I can have it back in a plastic bag! What gives? It just isnt the type of service that I would expect from YS.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Dave Shadel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YS service

Please e-mail me at [email protected] and give me your name and phone number.

Thank You,
Dave
Old 07-14-2024, 05:28 PM
steve1mac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS Fz80s Repair

Do you still repair YS engines?
I have a YS Fz80s that will not idle. This is my 5th YS engine so I am somewhat familiar with it. I'm just not the kind to completely break down this engine. I have tried several different glow plugs, 10% and 15% nitro, different prop sizes, set the valve gaps, stock muffler and no muffler, several needle settings all the way out to 4 turns. Even at 3700 rpm it still loads up and dies.
I have put around 7 tanks of fuel through this engine and still can't get it to idle reliably.
I think there is something wrong. Maybe there is a clog somewhere.
Please direct me to someone who can look at this engine.

Thanks
Steve McCarthy