Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

New TopRC T-28 Trojan

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

New TopRC T-28 Trojan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 07:05 PM
planenutzz

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Thought I would see how it looks with engine peeking through the cowl. Need to sort out baffles and exhaust exits.

The following users liked this post:
JRSmith (07-23-2024)
Old 07-31-2024, 02:05 PM
planenutzz

More wiring done for the 3 x aux switches plus a few other systems, pump, ignition switch etc.
Telemetry gear is on its way.
Slowly, slowly catchee monkee...

JRSmith (07-31-2024)
Old 08-02-2024, 11:09 PM
planenutzz

As I am waiting on more gadgets to arrive before I can finish the wiring I decided to start plumbing the fuel system & doing a cardboard template to begin the baffles, template will no doubt take a few iterations till I am happy with it.
Ran out of large 1/8 id tygon so could not finish that job, still have to do the fill plumbing back via a tee that keeps both tanks even and then to the tee that goes to pump return and the fill point.

Overflow & vent outlet

Last edited by planenutzz; 08-02-2024 at 11:11 PM.
bradley (08-18-2024)
Old 08-10-2024, 01:26 PM
planenutzz

Got my roll of large tygon, finished plumbing the fuel system except for the 3 lines that go/from the pump. They are just sitting loose till I fit the shelf back in.
Bulkhead fuel nipple fitted.
Flight pack batteries installed, the 2 for the AUX systems will be fitted to the other side.

Will remove engine later to drill out the hole for the choke a touch then refit it.
Baffles still to be done.
Telemetry gear hopefully will arrive this week but the lights controller is going to be a couple of months. I'll bundle up the cable loom for those and will probably do the break in procedure for the engine.
That's it trendsetters.
Later

misu77 (08-18-2024)
Old 08-16-2024, 08:22 PM
planenutzz

Baffle is in work. Telemetry gear from IISI-RC has arrived. Unilights controller on its way back to Switzerland so will be a few weeks before new one arrives. Back to work on another model in the meantime.

cheers
P
misu77 (08-18-2024)
Old 08-24-2024, 02:54 PM
planenutzz

Not much happening as I have been working on the little cessna and a bit of not in the mood doldrums.

I did pull out the telemetry gear and start to program it after I had to re-read the manual a few times to remember how to do it again! Came back to me eventually.

RPM alarm is currently set at 5000 RPM for the UMS 180 however I am thinking to dial this back to say 4800 RPM as I do not want this thing over revving in the air. I heard of one detonating recently.
Cylinder head temps I have no idea what range to expect on these and what is a safe max alarm level. Currently it is set to 135C, 275F.

Servos / pump tray is in, throttle and choke connected though need to do fine adjustments yet. Pump is in and plumbed and have started to do the Powerbox ignition kill switch.
Harness for all the telemetry gear is to be fitted, RPM, 5 cylinder temp thermocouple probes, GPS sensor for speed and altitude. I'm using a standalone iisi-rc Cockpit V2 unit as my JR 12X does not support telemetry. Will upgrade at some point I guess but teh JR is such a good radio!

I had read that the fuel pump can interferre with the iGyro and as I had that on the pump shelf I thought best to move it, it now sits back near the rudder servo so should be ok there. Does not need to be on centreline as you calibrate the axis for it.

JRSmith (08-24-2024)
Old 08-25-2024, 12:46 PM
planenutzz

bit more done yesterday
PowerBox Ignition kill switch done though ignition module yet to be connected.
I have fitted a RcExl kill switch to opto isolate the powerbox & Rxrs from the pump. It will be operated by a switch on the TX which then provides the power to the pump while another connection to the pump from the Powerbox is controlled via a mix to throttle for say 30% and 80% operation.
LEDS up on the dash coaming,
1. Pump on
2. Ignition kill switch on
3. Ignition module on (module has its own LED)

Have started fitting telemetry gear though will move the TXG2 from where I have it as I'm not happy with its current spot.

cheers
P