Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Australian bbq and beers

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:17 AM
downunderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Australian bbq and beers

There are other threads here at RCU where you might get a good answer, but this one probably isn't it. Better post your question somewhere else if you want a reply soon. You'd be wise to post the data from the batteries (i.e. the size of the LiPo you're replacing and the size of the NiMh - voltage and weight) so it's a more generalized question instead of one specific to a particular airframe.

(edit: admin trying to fix error in subject title)
Old 03-31-2009, 11:45 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not exactly sure why this entire thread was dumped into our holding tank. I just caught this tonight as I have been very busy trying to program and improve the site here and could not follow the forums closely the last few months. I see a few small issues here or there but nothing to warrant some of the deletions or certainly not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I know many of the posters here left in frustration and for this I apologize. I was late in finding this and can only try to fix this as best as I can now.

I will also be moving the other thread back. These should all be available for the members to search and browse. Alot of time by the members was spent posting in them and lots of valuable information. I really regret not seeing this sooner as I could have given some direction on how to better handle this.

Marc
Old 04-01-2009, 12:21 AM
The_Mongrel

Hi Admin,

I would like to hold hope and say that it may be possible to get the members back to what they considered home, but alas, I think the horse has bolted.

Thank you for attending to this.

Cheers
-J
Old 04-01-2009, 04:08 AM
bleary

It has all been said before I think,but whoever it was that destroyed our thread and also the Badius Boys thread hopefully does not have any influence here anymore.We had a vibrant community that was forced to move.I am sorry that you were asleep at the wheel.
Bleary
Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 AM
bleary

Also apparently I have a PM that I cannot access due to insufficient permision or something? A banning hangover?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:03 AM
downunderdog

Thanks for taking the initiative to address it once you noticed.

IMO, it was pretty much just 1 moderator who decided that it would be his personal crusade to eliminate anything that was remotely off topic (I'm sure you have access to the records to see the whole history of the deletions and edits). From what I've seen, he's done it pretty much full bore on a couple of threads and has dabbled on a couple of others.

I was sad to see the BBQ boys go - I don't have the drive to follow two forums, and there's a couple of threads here that I'm comfortable on, so although I did generate an ID over at the new home of the BBQ I rarely have the time to go over to RCG and see what they're up to.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 AM
mvigod
Banned

Again fellas I am deeply sorry and wish I caught all this when it was all happening.

Many have jumped ship already and perhaps won't come back. I don't know if there is anything I can do about that. It really is up to the core posting group if they want to post here and know that they can PM me directly if there are any issues or problems again regarding moderating or otherwise. There were some protocols that RCU should follow and I have explained them to the moderators again.

I'm the person who literally started RCU. I registered the domain and along with my partner built it to where it is today. We both still have an ownership in the site and do urge any members who feel they were or are mistreated or moderated incorrectly to contact me or our forum Admin "Nathan" directly by PM for fastest response.

All I can say to give some solace to those users who do return is that we will not be dumping this thread into our holding tank and that the moderating will be even keeled going forward and if not I want to be made aware of it so I can immediately address it this time.

Bleary - I fixed your pm issue.

marc
Old 04-01-2009, 05:38 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

So Marc, are the Badius Boy's welcome back as well? I still have a partial ban and therefore cannot access PM's or E-Mails. I pretty well bailed on the parkflier board, but am still trying to keep the micro stuff going.

Hi Bleary and crew

Tim
Old 04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
The_Mongrel

I too can not PM. So it seems we all were smashed!!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I've notified Marc of your situations. Hopefully he'll see it quickly and respond back here on it. Hopefully we can resolve this issue for you guys.

Ken
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
mvigod
Banned

Badius is welcomed back and your PM's restored.

I did some more digging on this and I was told by Nathan that there were a few people posting some stuff that might be just a little risque for kids. All I ask is that everyone is sensitive to the fact that young kids and children interested in radio control do come and read our site very often. I think we can all agree that we can keep things at least at a level that if any of us have or had a young child that we would not have to worry about them reading anything here on RC Universe. Other than that I want everyone to enjoy themselves and have fun while they are here. Should something happen I expect moderators to notify members first and tell them where there is a problem and request they fix it themselves. Only as a last resort should a moderator ever have to edit or delete a single post here. Most members if explained why something might be problematic are willing to accommodate if simply asked politely and the request itself is practical.

marc
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
bleary

Thanks for that clarification Marc and thanks for the effort you are doing now.We would have liked the opportunity to self edit if asked but never were.
G'Day there Tim also,hope you and the Badius lads are well.
Marc it will be up the the other lads if they want to come back and I can't speak for them.However I am glad you have restored the threads as there is a lot of valuable info in them.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 PM
mvigod
Banned

Bleary,

Tons of valuable info here. I found 10,000 posts in just 2 threads alone. Way too much info to let go to waste.

If people want to return they are welcome and if not of course I can understand as well. All I can do is extend the olive branch here.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 PM
The_Mongrel

Thanks Marc,

My only comments here would be that I would be VERY surprised if there was anything posted in the BBQ threads that was a bit risky for kids. I was a thread regular and never read or posted anything that I would not want my kids to see - So not sure where that came from. If there was, I know myself and a bunch of the others would have jumped on that member instantly.

Also

As we only ever had a problem with Lightfoot - can I ask if he is still a moderator? AND if her has been brought up to speed with your new arrangements?

Like Bleary - I would have no problem coming back - but I can't speak for the rest of us.

Cheers
-J
Old 04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Thanks Marc. The pm/e-mail should be really helpful when the Micro SU-26 comes out. Are the Badius threads still in the holding tank?

Bleary, we seem to be toddling on. Some of the Florida fellows met up with our Canadian and had a mini fly-in a couple of weeks ago. You fella's weren't stuck in those fires were you? The town I lived in previous to this one was in serious fire country, and most of the fires were cause by summer lightning, so no warning at all. They had to get a giant waterbomber from BC, a Martin Mars, to assist last year

Tim.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:35 PM
bleary

"The Holding Tank" sounds like you boys been done an all nighter and got good and liquored up..we were there for a while but have been set free.
Re the fires,I am on the West Coast so thankfully not but our Eastern States brothers have had a terrible time of it with whole towns just wiped off the map.It is a shocking tragedy actually but once again Aussies from all over have pulled together to help out as much as we can.It actually puts a lot of this small stuff in perspective really when you see footage of someone with just the clothes on their back and having lost everything including loved ones.
Anyways I better get to work.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
mvigod
Banned

J - I was only told (not by lightfoot) that there was some stuff perhaps unsuitable for kids but I didn't see it myself nor was I about to traverse 10k posts in a witch hunt of any kind for it. Whether there was or wasn't, or in one persons opinion was or not is in the past. As far as I'm concerned that past and all we can affect anyway is the future and move forward.

I thought the badius threads were all in the open forums. if any are missing still let me know but I did a sort by large threads in our "holding" tank and didn't see any badius threads that were over the 100 post mark on that page.

Also you guys will be happy to know I am wrapping up testing on a brand new search which will let you search threads, forums, users, and the entire forum. I hope to have the beta up either this week or in about 2 weeks.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 PM
downunderdog

Cool. An improved search function will be great... the follow on effect will hopefully be less duplication of common questions.

I use the search quite a bit, but wading through the many results is sometimes more difficult than just going back to the pages of the thread around the date that I thought I remember reading something that I want to get back to.

Thanks for your recent interest and activity!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
mvigod
Banned

I fixed the title issue on here and in the db on this so notices have it correct.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:08 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Bleary, we're getting close to having the BOC back up. BOC 2 is up and we closed that one for RCU reasons and hopefully BOC 3 will come up soon..

Tim
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 AM
clovus

Thanks Marc,

I feel grateful for the home and all the advice the RCU forums have given us. I hope all parties take the comments you have given on board so we save another round of posts and incriminations (from both sides). I'm just sorry it left a bad taste all round.

Cheers

Clovus
Old 03-11-2011, 05:04 AM
drunkenbushman

any of us still here?
Old 04-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

Bushman, I'm not sure about you and the rest of the Aussie guys, but I know that we (the Badius Boys) are alive and well on our own site, as well as RCG to some extent. I don't come around here much anymore (just decided to drop by on a whim, as a matter of fact) but it does look like this is a safer place for us now than it was back then.

I know many of the original Badius Boys have dropped off the radar now that the original home, RCU, has mostly been ditched. We still hear from some of them from time to time, but the core group has shrunk considerably.

Personally, I'd like to see a comeback on RCU as well, but I'm not sure about how the rest of the Boys would take to it. Maybe, maybe not. If you could track down the Aussie guys, maybe RCU could be re-colonized by both parties

Man... It's been two years since my last name change. Time to fix that, at any rate
Old 08-03-2024, 02:40 PM
tonyob

Originally Posted by drunkenbushman
any of us still here?
I just found this :-)