Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Humidity effects on the startup of mini jet engines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Humidity effects on the startup of mini jet engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2024, 11:24 AM
AhmerAli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humidity effects on the startup of mini jet engines

Hi, I have 3 RC planes using 220N Thrust mini jet engines. They started up perfectly everytime. But nowadays the humidity levels are over 85% and all 3 engines they are not reaching idle rpm. During startup they shoot out flame from the tail and the exhaust gas temperature exceeds 950 C and the ECU turns them off. The burning cannot be sustained inside the combustion chamber and the RPM stays stuck at 26000 and does not reach idle.Can anyone please guide me on how to identify the problem, troubleshooting and solution? Much appreciated.
Old 08-05-2024, 05:42 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

It would have been good if you told us what brand of engine it is. I would first write down all your settings to have for a reference . Then I would call the people that sell them and get the settings to try. I have only had to make adjustments for acceleration on high humidity days . Dan
The following users liked this post:
RCFlyerDan (08-06-2024)
Old 08-07-2024, 03:17 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AhmerAli
Hi, I have 3 RC planes using 220N Thrust mini jet engines. They started up perfectly everytime. But nowadays the humidity levels are over 85% and all 3 engines they are not reaching idle rpm. During startup they shoot out flame from the tail and the exhaust gas temperature exceeds 950 C and the ECU turns them off. The burning cannot be sustained inside the combustion chamber and the RPM stays stuck at 26000 and does not reach idle.Can anyone please guide me on how to identify the problem, troubleshooting and solution? Much appreciated.
Are you using the same fuel as before? could it be old or contaminated in any way?