Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JEEMO Turbine Glider Set Up

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JEEMO Turbine Glider Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2023, 03:31 AM
zx6rg2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jemmo

Hi could anyone tell me if you have used the heat cloth that’s supplied with the kit and if so how have you fitted it thank you
Old 04-01-2023, 05:19 AM
Speedrick

Hi,

Surely used the provided hig speed tape - protection shield on the area, close to the exhaust.
Applied it as a normal decal, water with some cleaning detergent product, so you can slide it until it fits as you want.
Then squize the fluid under the tape with a spatula and let it dry overnight. Works nicely.

Old 06-06-2023, 01:37 PM
LewisE1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What set up are people currently using ? C of g movements and flaps, are people using the flaps on a slider too. ?
Old 06-07-2023, 12:26 AM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LewisE1
What set up are people currently using ? C of g movements and flaps, are people using the flaps on a slider too. ?
-CG slightly forward of recommended by Glider-It.
-Flaps/crow as recommended by Glider-it
-Landing mode condition: Flaps/crow proportional controlled by my throttle stick. Stick middle to up is turbine idle to full power.
Stick middle to down:
1 turbine stays idle or off.
2 Flaps/crow neutral to deployed (fully proportional).
Works amazingly.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:51 AM
LewisE1

Thanks for the info, so having proportional crow and flaps is essential ? or just a nice to have ?
Old 06-07-2023, 01:08 AM
Speedrick

Hi,

All the same as Didier, but programmed a “Landing” flat mode, which deactivates the turbine control from the throttle stick function. (Normally, the turbine is at idle or OFF for landing)
In stead, the throttle function controls my butterfly in this landing mode, so I can keep the thumbs on the sticks at all time.

Just one remark is that I’m suspecting a incorrect incidence angle of the stab. In every phase, the elevator had to be trimmed up about 2mm, which is way to much.
Shifting the CG gives no change. Plan is to measure the incidence later this week, and adapt the stab accordingly. Suspect I’ll have to shim 1mm approx.
my s/n of the Jeemo is 2049, and I know that a fellow Jeemo pilot, with a slightly newer one had to trim up around the same.

Old 06-07-2023, 11:31 PM
LewisE1

one more question are the aileron measurements of 15mm up and 10mm down being measured at the tip or root ? seems a lot if at the tip ??
Old 06-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Speedrick

Hi,

Certainly at the root of the aileron.
Donˋt forget to dail in some expo too, this will smoothen the turns.

Greets,

Eric
Old 07-31-2024, 05:41 AM
zx6rg2

Default Jeemo

Hi all has anyone installed a wheel on the jeemo as like the one ail was flying ,that could pass on details ect
Old 07-31-2024, 02:28 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I just got Jeemo #2. Planning on using a fuel bag on this one. Has anyone done this yet???

Old 08-01-2024, 04:04 PM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedrick
Hi,

All the same as Didier, but programmed a “Landing” flat mode, which deactivates the turbine control from the throttle stick function. (Normally, the turbine is at idle or OFF for landing)
In stead, the throttle function controls my butterfly in this landing mode, so I can keep the thumbs on the sticks at all time.

Just one remark is that I’m suspecting a incorrect incidence angle of the stab. In every phase, the elevator had to be trimmed up about 2mm, which is way to much.
Shifting the CG gives no change. Plan is to measure the incidence later this week, and adapt the stab accordingly. Suspect I’ll have to shim 1mm approx.
my s/n of the Jeemo is 2049, and I know that a fellow Jeemo pilot, with a slightly newer one had to trim up around the same.
Speedrick, have you measured the incidence angle and if so what was the outcome?

Thanks,
Robert
Old 08-05-2024, 11:32 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
I just got Jeemo #2. Planning on using a fuel bag on this one. Has anyone done this yet???
Any updates / photos of the install?
Old 08-08-2024, 06:42 AM
Bobo20evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fichiers

Bonjour, serait-il possible d’avoir le fichier de l’aménagement intérieur du jeemo svp ???
Old 08-10-2024, 07:20 PM
Speedrick

Robert,

initially, as measured, incidence was at -1.2°!
now after correction, it is at +0,8°

cheers,

Eric
Old 08-12-2024, 05:50 AM
RCISFUN

Robert,
initially, as measured, incidence was at -1.2°!
now after correction, it is at +0,8°
cheers,
Eric
Do you have any photos of what you used to correct?
Old 08-12-2024, 05:55 AM
Bobo20evo

Default Rcisfun

Hello Eric, could you send me the cutting file for your wooden supports for the inside of the Jeemo please?
(I can buy it too)

Last edited by Bobo20evo; 08-12-2024 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2024, 06:23 AM
Speedrick

Originally Posted by Bobo20evo
Hello Eric, could you send me the cutting file for your wooden supports for the inside of the Jeemo please?
(I can buy it too)
No cutting files for this unfortunately.
I just cut the provided plywood plate to my requirements😛
Old 08-12-2024, 06:28 AM
Bobo20evo

I was RCisfun thinking of asking, but unfortunately I don't know how to do it on this forum😝 sorry
Old 08-12-2024, 10:55 AM
LimitDwn

Hello Eric, first thanks for the info in the incidence and yes I’m no expert in this subject. Can you tell me about how much the leading edge of the horizontal stab was raised to get the corrected incidence reading that you now have.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 08-12-2024, 08:25 PM
Speedrick

Well, during the maiden flight, I found out that 5mm up trim was needed for level flight.
This quickly made me think about the incidence of the stab. I then started to add strips of masking tape
onto the back of the platform where the stab is mounted, centered over the aft attachment bolt of the stab.

These strips allow to fine adjust the incidence till no up trim is required any more.
in my case it ended up with approx 2.3mm of thickness. Will post some pics once I’m back home.
Old 08-13-2024, 07:41 AM
RCISFUN

Originally Posted by Bobo20evo
I was RCisfun thinking of asking, but unfortunately I don't know how to do it on this forum😝 sorry
If you want the files for the plates I made send me your e-mail address in a PM.
Old 08-13-2024, 07:44 AM
RCISFUN

Well, during the maiden flight, I found out that 5mm up trim was needed for level flight.
This quickly made me think about the incidence of the stab. I then started to add strips of masking tape
onto the back of the platform where the stab is mounted, centered over the aft attachment bolt of the stab.
These strips allow to fine adjust the incidence till no up trim is required any more.
in my case it ended up with approx 2.3mm of thickness. Will post some pics once I’m back home.
Interesting, I wonder what changed with your fuselage? Mine only required a very very very small amount of up trim...
Old 08-13-2024, 09:27 AM
LimitDwn

Thanks for the information, I look forward to seeing the pics. I will perform a test fight first and see where the trim ends up and if required will start the shimming process as you did. With a little luck should be ready for maiden in two weeks.

It would be interesting to know if other Jeemo owners have same up trim requirement.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 08-15-2024, 11:55 AM
Speedrick

This is how it looks like, the masking tape stripes

Old 08-16-2024, 05:01 PM
LimitDwn

This is how it looks like, the masking tape stripes

Thanks for the work in figuring this out and the pics.

Robert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.