Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

The Testors R/C Skyhawk thread

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

The Testors R/C Skyhawk thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 08:27 AM
jaymen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A nice un flown Testors Skyhawk. We put in one of my JBR receivers as the original was corroded due to the batteries leaking. If it was not for the fact that many of these Testors receivers have been damaged by leaking batteries, as they were together in a plastic case, I would have never started making reproduction receivers, which led to the Galloping Ghost equipment we now produce.

Russ Farris had an interesting problem with his radio system:
Russ had sent me everything except the on/off switch which was riveted into the plane. It turns out that switch was the culprit, and would only act up with the engine running. I was pulling my hair out trying to find a problem with his Simpulse system when it came back for the third time......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Testors Skyhawk.jpg
Views:	1145
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	2192836  

Last edited by jaymen; 12-09-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:38 PM
culver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was a kid in the late sixties my uncle had a commercial slot car track in San Diego near the Navy base. One of the sailors had my uncle get one of these for him and on the first outing it flew away, he said it suddenly quit responding so I guess the switch was a weakness. the guy didn't quit because he ordered a Controlaire reed set and built a plane for it.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:39 AM
bh307
My Feedback: (143)

How much
Old 03-08-2022, 03:03 PM
pjwright

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An ancient thread ... but one-of-a-kind. I'm trying to refurbish a Skyhawk I was given while stationed on Wake Island in 1970. The Testor's manual is the only thing missing ... anyone have a digital version they can e-mail?
Thanks!
[email protected]
;-)
PJ
Old 08-05-2024, 11:43 AM
dmprokop

Default Testors Skyhawk

I had one as a kid...cracked it up a few times. I am going to put it up on ebay and sold As-Is. It will go up on Weds Aug 7th, 2024 at 9:00pm EST.

Last edited by dmprokop; 08-05-2024 at 11:57 AM. Reason: none