Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Maken something

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2024, 04:50 AM
Richie.FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maken something

Though some research I've discovered not many if any at all have made the P40 Heavy Italian tank, and as my first project I am going to try my best to make this beauty,

BUT

sence I have never made an rc tank and have only bought and maintained 3 heng long tanks, I need help I know bits and pieces like the motor, gearbox, control panel, recever, etc.

I don't know much and I hope you guys can help

- Richie, FL
Old 08-06-2024, 12:49 PM
tankme

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts

Welcome. Had to look up what a P40 tank was. That's going to be a complete scratch build as far as I know as I don't know of any 3D printer files or of any other folks like Ludwigs that does that particular model of tank. For that reason, I would think that the best material would be styrene or ABS sheets to do the main construction. Those are probably the two easiest materials to work with and styrene being the more common of the two. What scale are you going to build it in?
Old 08-06-2024, 12:54 PM
Richie.FL

The scale will be in 1/16 and thank you for the suggestion of styrene or ABS sheets to make a form,

Also I would like to state I am very new to model building so sorry if I don't understand some of the RC lingo
Old 08-07-2024, 10:58 AM
Durahl

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Welp... Since we know essentially NOTHING about your skill level I might as well just throw CAD Modelling paired with 3D Printing into the Room 🤨

Buy a 1:35 sized Kit for reference, Dust off the Calipers, prepare an Excel with a 1:35 > 1:16 Conversion Formula and prepare a large bucket of C8H10N4O2? 🤔
Old 08-12-2024, 08:17 AM
lposter

Received 160 Likes on 92 Posts

Nice looking tank!

You'll go a long way with calipers and a 1/35 scale model to work from.

P
Old 08-18-2024, 05:11 PM
Richie.FL

Default Continuation P40 tank

I am back! I was able to find a model, and a system to run it! in a few I plan on making a mock-up. Thanks for the support so far!

-Richie FL