Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Jack Stafford Weekender

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Jack Stafford Weekender

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2024, 07:15 AM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jack Stafford Weekender

Back in 1972 my 3rd rc model was a Jack Stafford Weekender. I remember it was a great flying model. I ended loaning it out and I never got it back. In 1999, I found a kit on eBay, bought it and put it up in the rafters for some day. So last November I pulled it down and started building it and converting to electric power. I didn’t pay attention to how much the stock dihedral was until it was too late to reduce it. Finished it and it flew like crap! So I decided to frame up a new wing with less dihedral and new tip shape. Now it flys as I remember. It’s a blast to shoot touch and goes.
Old 08-07-2024, 07:20 AM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For some reason, it won’t let me post pics!