Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Saving/restoring OK Models Pilot Diabolo 1:3.2 90inch Advice needed :)

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Saving/restoring OK Models Pilot Diabolo 1:3.2 90inch Advice needed :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2024, 10:13 AM
Chris1505

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saving/restoring OK Models Pilot Diabolo 1:3.2 90inch Advice needed :)

Hi all ,

I was given an old OK Models Pilot Diabolo 1:3.2 90inch with and old Mahle 60ccm gasoline engine.

I wouldnt say it was battered , but it has definatly seen prettier days in its hay day

I have been removing old covering and sanding so far , will have to fix some of the balsa in the wings and then otherwise just a bit of filler here and there.

But i must say i am quite new to these bigger models , and totally new to a gasoline engine on an airplane but will probably manage on that part , where i must admit im uncertain is size of servoes needed for a plane in this size ? I was given 5 digital servos 20kg ( 277.80oz in ) and would love to hear if these are strong enough for a my plane ?

Would hate to rebuild and then end crashing due to stalling a servo
Thanks for all info

Ps: if anyone has old pictures of the Diabolo i would LOVE to see them