Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Kit vs. Built

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 12:31 AM
giarcg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit vs. Built

I have a NIB Yellow Aircraft AT-6 kit that I wouldn't mind building but my flying days are over. Would a NIB kit have more market value than a built model?
Old 08-10-2024, 04:42 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

I would rather built it myself so my opinion is yes. But it on Ebay and see what you get, you don't have to sell it for less than you want.
The following users liked this post:
giarcg2 (08-10-2024)
Old 08-10-2024, 10:28 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Desirable kits often have more value than completed models. Kits are certainly easier to sell. Don’t under value the kit.
Old 08-10-2024, 03:50 PM
Surfermark

Originally Posted by giarcg2
I have a NIB Yellow Aircraft AT-6 kit that I wouldn't mind building but my flying days are over. Would a NIB kit have more market value than a built model?
The AT-6 is a nice plane. NIB kits generally tend to have higher market value compared to built models, especially if they are rare or in high demand. Many pilot, collectors and builders prefer to purchase unbuilt kits so they can either enjoy the build process themselves or customize the model to their liking. That said, some well-built models with excellent craftsmanship can also fetch a good price, especially if they are flight-ready or have unique modifications.

By the way, I'm curious—why have your flying days come to an end? It sounds like you still enjoy building.

...SurferMark
Old 08-11-2024, 03:57 AM
giarcg2

Originally Posted by Truckracer
Desirable kits often have more value than completed models. Kits are certainly easier to sell. Don’t under value the kit.
Well I let it go yesterday... probably for less than I should have.