Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ikon N'Wst

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ikon N'Wst

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 12:40 AM
giarcg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ikon N'Wst

Is there any demand for Ikon kits out there? I always liked them and have several... doubt I'll get to any of them anytime soon.
Old 08-10-2024, 12:37 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Emil made some nice kits and there's a small but dedicated following of builders who like his kits. Not laser cut, so there's fewer and fewer builders who are willing to tackle those older kits. But yea, still desirable for some of us.

Old 08-10-2024, 10:05 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I’ve owned and built Ikon kits before. I still have a Monocoupe D145 I built many years ago. They were good value for the $$ spent but you had to be a builder. Many things were left to the builder’s imagination and skill to figure out and complete. I’d think these kits would bring good $$ but not a premium like many of the more desirable kits get today.
Old 08-11-2024, 04:00 AM
giarcg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm selling off most of my RTF stuff at a greater pace than I thought I would. I'll hold on to the kits with both hands... probably will be buried with them (grin).

Thanks for the input.