Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Need information on small turbine jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Need information on small turbine jets

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 08:43 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 374 Likes on 302 Posts

You full well know that its the insurer that wanted the waiver process to reduce the liability through educational programming.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:58 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by speed is life
But.......But......But........the AMA needs an EXPERT, with DECADES of experience at POLICY writing and RISK management. The need for months of SAFETY training and mandatory INSPECTIONS will be ENFORCED.
Waiver? ......I don’t need a steenkin’ WAIVER.....

There is usually a reason for remote tours......maybe AMA needs to step up to the plate and set him up an office in Thule, Greenland

Some people cry out for attention, even negative attention is still attention....

What do you have against Greenland??????
Old 04-26-2019, 12:13 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Propworn
What do you have against Greenland??????
I don't have anything against Greenland. But when I talk remote site, it's a place from which we operated for the purpose of delivering ordnance. And before you get snarky, that's not "delivery" in the sense of shipping and receiving. Pretty amazing what could be done with them despite being still developmental.
Old 08-11-2024, 03:44 PM
Surfermark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rhklenke
Guys,

I need some information on small turbine jets. I'm mainly interested in jets that are powered by engines like a P-20, T-45, K-30, K-45, K-60 and maybe as big as K-70. I don't have anything like that myself, so I need to know what's out there that guys are flying.
I am not sure this answers your question to many of your questions.

As far as Turbines go based on your above data and keeping in mind it's important to consider reputable manufacturers known for producing reliable and high-performance engines. Here are some detailed recommendations:

1. JetCat

JetCat P-20
Engine Type: Small turbine engine, suitable for smaller jets and ducted fan models.
Thrust Output: Approximately 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
Estimated Price: $2,500 - $3,000
Features: Known for its reliability and ease of use, often used in smaller jet models.
JetCat P-60
Engine Type: Medium-sized turbine engine for larger jets.
Thrust Output: Approximately 13 lbs (6 kg)
Estimated Price: $3,500 - $4,500
Features: Well-regarded for its performance and build quality.

2. KingTech

KingTech K-30
Engine Type: Small to mid-sized turbine engine.
Thrust Output: Approximately 7 lbs (3.2 kg)
Estimated Price: $2,000 - $2,800
Features: Offers good performance and is popular for its balance of power and price.
KingTech K-45
Engine Type: Mid-sized turbine engine.
Thrust Output: Approximately 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
Estimated Price: $2,800 - $3,500
Features: Known for its durability and consistent performance.
KingTech K-60
Engine Type: Larger turbine engine suitable for bigger jets.
Thrust Output: Approximately 15 lbs (7 kg)
Estimated Price: $3,800 - $4,800
Features: Offers high thrust with excellent fuel efficiency and reliability.

3. JetMunt

JetMunt VT-45
Engine Type: Small to mid-sized turbine engine.
Thrust Output: Approximately 10 lbs (4.5 kg)
Estimated Price: $3,000 - $3,800
Features: Known for being a high-quality engine with advanced features and good after-sales support.

4. AMT Netherlands

AMT Olympus
Engine Type: High-end turbine engine for larger jets.
Thrust Output: Approximately 40 lbs (18 kg)
Estimated Price: $6,000 - $8,000
Features: Considered top of the line, with exceptional power and craftsmanship.

Key Considerations

Availability: Some of these engines might have limited availability, especially during high demand periods.
Support and Maintenance: Choose a manufacturer with good support and access to spare parts.
Compatibility: Ensure the turbine engine matches the size and weight specifications of your RC jet.

As far as matching aircraft to the above engines here are some aircraft models and manufacturers that might/would pair well with these turbines:
1. JetCat P-20, KingTech K-30

These turbines are ideal for small to mid-sized jets, typically in the 1.2-1.5m wingspan range.

Aircraft: BVM Ultra Bandit 1.7M
Manufacturer: BVM Jets
Details: A smaller version of the popular Ultra Bandit, suitable for turbines like the P-20 and K-30. It's known for its precision and aerobatic capabilities.

Aircraft: Skymaster ViperJet 1.5M
Manufacturer: Skymaster Jets
Details: The ViperJet is a versatile jet, offering good performance for smaller turbines. It's well-regarded for its stable flight characteristics and scale appearance.

2. KingTech K-45, JetMunt VT-45

These turbines fit mid-sized jets, around 1.5-1.8m wingspan.

Aircraft: Tomahawk Designs F-86 Sabre
Manufacturer: Tomahawk Designs
Details: A scale jet model that pairs well with mid-sized turbines like the K-45. It's known for its scale detail and smooth flight performance.

Aircraft: CARF-Models J-10 1.8M
Manufacturer: Composite-ARF (CARF-Models)
Details: A Chinese fighter jet replica, offering a good match for the K-45 turbine. It’s designed for performance and has impressive aerobatic capabilities.

3. KingTech K-60, JetCat P-60

These turbines are suited for larger jets, around 2m wingspan and above.

Aircraft: Skymaster F-16 1:6 Scale
Manufacturer: Skymaster Jets
Details: A large, detailed F-16 model that requires more power. The K-60 and P-60 turbines offer the necessary thrust to perform scale maneuvers and high-speed flights.

Aircraft: BVM KingCat
Manufacturer: BVM Jets
Details: A well-known jet in the RC community, designed for larger turbines like the K-60. It’s renowned for its flight characteristics and durability.

Aircraft: Tomahawk Futura 2.1M
Details: A sport jet that’s popular for its aerobatic performance. The K-60 is an ideal turbine for this model, offering a great balance of power and control.

4. High-End Turbines (AMT Olympus)

These turbines are for the largest and most powerful jets, with wingspans often exceeding 2.5m.

Aircraft: CARF-Models L-39 Albatros 1:3.7 Scale
Manufacturer: Composite-ARF (CARF-Models)
Details: A large-scale, high-detail jet model that requires a powerful turbine like the AMT Olympus. It’s designed for serious jet enthusiasts who want a true-to-life flying experience.

Aircraft: Tomahawk L-39 2.5M
Details: Another large, scale model that needs substantial power. The AMT Olympus turbine will give it the thrust needed for dynamic and realistic flight.

Consider the manufacturer’s support for parts and service, especially for high-end or scale models.

...SurferMark
Old 08-12-2024, 05:12 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

When AI comes to RCU...
Old 08-12-2024, 05:25 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 374 Likes on 302 Posts

Yea, it got reported, I'm not 100 percent sure, keeping a CLOSE eye though.