Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 16 IZ

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2024, 03:07 AM
ColinW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 16 IZ

Can I use a Futaba micro to micro cable and my T16IZ with a T6L for training? At the moment when I uninhibit the trainer function in the T16IZ my RX is no longer bound to my TX and I have to re inhibit the trainer function and recycle the TX on/off switch to get the RX green light back on. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2024, 03:29 AM
Mettric

Originally Posted by ColinW
Can I use a Futaba micro to micro cable and my T16IZ with a T6L for training? At the moment when I uninhibit the trainer function in the T16IZ my RX is no longer bound to my TX and I have to re inhibit the trainer function and recycle the TX on/off switch to get the RX green light back on. Thanks.

Yes, you can use a Futaba micro to micro cable to connect your T16IZ transmitter to a T6L receiver for training purposes. The Futaba micro to micro cable is a compatible connection for T16IZ (transmitter) -> micro plug and - T6L (receiver) -> micro plug

This setup allows you to use your T16IZ transmitter to control a model equipped with a T6L receiver, which is ideal for training or buddy boxing. The micro to micro cable enables a direct connection between the two devices, allowing for a reliable and lag-free signal transfer.

Just ensure that both devices are set to the same frequency and mode (e.g., FHSS or S-FHSS) to maintain a stable connection. Consult your user manuals for specific instructions on setting up the devices for training mode.
Old 08-22-2024, 11:56 AM
ColinW

Hi, Thanks for the reply as I had not realised both txs needed to be on the same mode. However, I still have a problem. When I go to trainer and select ACT and then Teacher I get SH as the switch. But activating this switch has no effect and it still stays on OFF. So I can't transfer to the Student. Many thanks, Colin
Old 08-22-2024, 11:22 PM
rfbenn

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you gone to page 2 of the trainer function and activated the controls you want the student to have and what percentage movement on each channel?
Old 08-25-2024, 08:17 AM
ColinW

Hi, yes I had set up 4 channels and 100%, but I found that I had to put the student tx on to hand over to the student tx. I also noted that SH is selected on to hand over and needs reselecting again to regain control. The only other system I have used for training was the Spectrum which is different as you have to hold the switch on and let go to regain control. Many thanks for your help. Colin
Old 08-25-2024, 07:12 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts

in the set up for switch H, you can select mode of operation, only on while held in place or as a 1pull on, next pull off.
The following users liked this post:
rfbenn (08-26-2024)