Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Perry carb woes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 04:01 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Perry carb woes.

The High Speed needle in my Perry carb. keeps backing out just a bit during flight but enough to severely richening the mixture.

I have replaced the "O" ring in the H/S needle housing and have tried using a bit of fuel tubing betwween the needle and the carb body, all to no avail.

Would a dab of non hardening locktite on the H/S needle threads be appropriate here. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:31 PM
p51b
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perry carb woes.

I'm not sure if the Locktite is impervious to the fuel or not. Most Perry carbs have a spring between the NV and body to maintain a tension on it to prevent creep. Does yours have such a spring? Also, you might try a smaller diameter fuel tubing just long enough to maintain a noticeable tension on the NV. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:35 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Perry carb woes.

Karolh:

I've had similar porblems, cured in every case by using the o-ring from Perry/Varsane. Some reason or other, no matter how similar, I've never found an aftermarket part to work properly.

HTH

Bill.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:58 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Default Perry carb woes.

Slip a piece of fuel tubing where the needle goes into the carb. Works for me_bob
Old 08-20-2024, 08:07 PM
G.McClintic

Does anyone know a source for a couple of Perry/Varsane needle valve o-rings? I would like to use the original parts.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-20-2024, 08:23 PM
GREG DOE

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Their web site is perrypumps.com
Old 08-21-2024, 06:47 AM
G.McClintic

I think Conley Precision permanently closed around 2018. He had all the carbs and pumps, and also some amazing engines.

I was hoping someone had purchased some replacement o-rings and has a few left somewhere.

Old 08-21-2024, 07:37 AM
mgnostic

Received 101 Likes on 86 Posts

They are still around. I have purchased from them in the last year or so. It is a small operation and they prefer to do emails and direct phone contact.
Old 08-24-2024, 04:12 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 82 Likes on 75 Posts

Or you can measure the old parts and order a bag of various close sizes for pennies from o-ring houses like theoringstore.com. Perry/Conley certainly did not make the o-rings for their carbs. In many cases, you can get o-rings in different materials than was supplied from the OEM that work better (black rubber OEM that shrink and dry out being replaced with silicone, viton, or Teflon as an example).