Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

futaba t6xa good radio???

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

futaba t6xa good radio???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 05:42 PM
mrbass111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba t6xa good radio???

is the t6xa a good tx. and would i be able to use it on the planes that i now fly with a futaba 4ch?
Old 02-07-2005, 05:59 PM
jagnweiner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: futaba t6xa good radio???

I have a t6xas and find it to be a great transmitter. It has a 6 plane memory and everything a beginner/intermediate would need. Sort of comparable to the 6exa, only with more features and no digital trims. You should be able to use it with your existing Futaba receivers, depending on the frequency. If it is a different frequency, you will need to change the receiver crystal. You also need to know whether the receiver is tuned for high band or low band. I think the cutoff is somewhere around channel 36-37. A low band receiver would need to be retuned to work with a high band transmitter. It can be done for a price.

-Scott
Old 02-07-2005, 06:34 PM
mrbass111

it says its on ch 36 wich happens to be the channel i am currently on
Old 02-07-2005, 06:56 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

I've been looking to get a 2nd TX, and I like the Futaba 7C and the Hitec Optic 6. The 7C doesn't have freq modules, just a xtal, so you have to send it in to have it retuned if you want to change freqs. The Hitec Optic 6 has a module, so you can simply buy a new module to change freqs, and you can buy a synthesized module for it that lets you select any channel you want within the band. I've seen a couple of guys post about having problems with their Optic 6... not sure if those are isolated incidents, or if there are some serious bugs or QC problems with it.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:59 PM
jagnweiner

You should be fine. Are you just buying the transmitter? Is it used? If so, you will want to check and make sure the NiCads are good. I'm not sure that I'd pay a whole lot for just a transmitter, but if you can get it cheap, go for it.

-Scott
Old 02-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

You only need to send it in if your going to cross over from the low band freqs to the high. If your going to change within that side, just pop in a new crystal.

[quote]ORIGINAL: -pkh-

I've been looking to get a 2nd TX, and I like the Futaba 7C and the Hitec Optic 6. The 7C doesn't have freq modules, just a xtal, so you have to send it in to have it retuned if you want to change freqs. The Hitec Optic 6 has a module, so you can simply buy a new module to change freqs, and you can buy a synthesized module for it that lets you select any channel you want within the band. I've seen a couple of guys post about having problems with their Optic 6... not sure if those are isolated incidents, or if there are some serious bugs or QC problems with it.
[/
Old 02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Excellent radio. Not as modern as the 7CAP but just as capable when it comes to flying. I have two at the moment with no plans on upgrading until I get into much bigger planes. I was talking with one of the big 3D pilots at a big bird fly-in we held at our club and it is the same radio he used before getting into the big birds. He told me he was very happy with it as well. Short of digital trims there isn't much more you could want in a 6 channel radio. Definitely better than any four channel radio and as good or better than a lot of the 6 channel models around. The 7CAP would be the next step up in the Futaba line.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:55 PM
-pkh-

ORIGINAL: Snoop Doggy Bag

You only need to send it in if your going to cross over from the low band freqs to the high. If your going to change within that side, just pop in a new crystal.
Not according to the AMA and the FCC... if you want to thumb your nose at them, that's your business...
Old 02-08-2005, 12:57 AM
dredhea
My Feedback: (13)

Just a quick note about the memory. The T6EXAs has memory for six models. If the TX model number doesn't include the "S" then it only has 3
Old 02-08-2005, 01:00 AM
dredhea

OOPS! Meant to say T6XAs . (I have both a 6XA and a 6EXA)
Old 02-08-2005, 04:49 AM
SERAFIM

The only limitation I have found so far regarding my 6xas is when I got an u-can-do 60 and it has dual elevator servos. There is no way you can hook the 6th channel to the second elevator servo and mix it with the elevator channel, so I have to get a servo reverser
Old 02-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Flyer2k5

Hello board
Whats a good digital tx around 200-250 with the digital trim and multiple airplane memory with atleast 5-6 chan? Thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 09:17 AM
flyinrog

the 7 chan. Futaba has digital servos and is a computer radio for $250 all the bells and whistles you want, I have the T6XHs and have nothing but good things to say about it,,the only thing wrong with it is the cheap black neckstrap,,get the gat red $5 one from tower not futaba,well it may not be the same I got the futaba one and it is very comfortable but it was $16...Rog
Old 02-08-2005, 01:01 PM
dredhea

ORIGINAL: SERAFIM

The only limitation I have found so far regarding my 6xas is when I got an u-can-do 60 and it has dual elevator servos. There is no way you can hook the 6th channel to the second elevator servo and mix it with the elevator channel, so I have to get a servo reverser
Did I misunderstand this, or do you want the elevator halves to move in opposite directions? If not, isn't a "y" adaptor more appropriate?
Old 02-08-2005, 01:29 PM
-pkh-

I believe he needs cw servo arm rotation on one side and ccw servo arm rotation on the other side to get the elevator halves to move in the same direction, and that's why he needs a reverser...
Old 02-08-2005, 04:21 PM
SERAFIM

ORIGINAL: dredhea

ORIGINAL: SERAFIM

Did I misunderstand this, or do you want the elevator halves to move in opposite directions? If not, isn't a "y" adaptor more appropriate?
Both elevator servos are mounted outside the fuselage, with the arm side facing backwards. So, in order to have both elevator halves move at the same direction you need a servo reverser. I guess I could mount one servo with the arm end facing forward, or attach the pushrod on opposite sides on each servo but then movement is not goint to be totally symetrical. Anyway, the manual calls for a 'much more expensive than a y adaptor' servo reverser [:@]
Old 02-08-2005, 04:26 PM
-pkh-

Here's one for $19...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAFN1&P=ML
Old 02-08-2005, 05:32 PM
SERAFIM

Thanks Paul. It will propably be double that price to ship it to Greece, but, anyway, everything is
Old 02-09-2005, 12:01 AM
dredhea

ORIGINAL: -pkh-

I believe he needs cw servo arm rotation on one side and ccw servo arm rotation on the other side to get the elevator halves to move in the same direction, and that's why he needs a reverser...
I was thinking about this all day, and then suddenly it hit me..... DUH!! A servo on the opposite side of the plane would be turning in the opposite direction, hence the need for a reverser.... Thanks for pointing this out
Old 09-03-2024, 06:35 PM
Joe Butch
My Feedback: (48)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default T6XA mix

T6XA, Page 34 at the bottom, explains the mix for two elevator servos