Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

E-flite Adhesives

Community
Search
Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

E-flite Adhesives

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Mad Mad Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-flite Adhesives

Just curious, anybody know what the adhesive is used on E-flite planes? It has a rubbery consistency and seems to do a good job of holding things together.
Old 09-05-2024, 05:56 PM
LLRCFlyer

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I do not know which glue they use, but it does well when they apply enough. I and my friends have had instances with E-flite planes in which insufficient glue was applied... especially for servos, fixed landing gear mounting boxes and retract gear units. That said, I suspect it is something similar to Foam-Cure as marketed by Bob Smith Industries. See it at https://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/foam_cure.html If you are trying to repair EPO foam, then I suggest Foam-Cure. It is rubbery, dries clear and is flexible enough to hinge foam flight control surfaces to the main structure. I have successfully repaired major crash damage on my E-flite Extra 300 with Foam-Cure.
Old 09-05-2024, 09:59 PM
Mad Mad Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep. I'm well aware of Foam-Cure and use it myself. Again, I'm just wondering what is used in E-flite planes. Lucky Lane . . . .interesting