Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Uni light Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Uni light Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:42 AM
k_sonn
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uni light Question

I have a set of Unilights and will be using a 3 cell 9.9V pack for power. The lights come with a resistor installed for 8V and includes another resistor for 12V. With the battery I'm using I assume I need to install the included resistor but the instructions aren't clear on if the second resistor is installed in addition to the already installed resistor or if the additional resistor replaces the already installed resistor. Can someone let me know which is correct?

Also, if both resistors are to be used, does the second resistor need to be installed near the first one or can it be installed anywhere along the length of wire?

Thanks,
Kirk
Old 06-22-2015, 11:55 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unilight now sells resistors specifically for use with Life batteries:

http://www.unilight.at/shop/eu/addon...uer-lifepo.php

The instructions (for both these and the 'standard' 3s Lipo resistors) say to add them in addition to the included resistor - I don't think it matters where.

If you are worried about doing this then you can use the relevant adapter cables (however these aren't currently available for 9.9v batteries):

http://www.unilight.at/shop/eu/addon...r-cable-8w.php
Old 06-23-2015, 07:43 AM
k_sonn
My Feedback: (32)

Thanks for the info.

I ordered the LiFe resistors and a few other goodies last night from the Unilight web site. This morning I had a FedEx tracking number with a delivery date for 6/25. So far, I'm impressed with the service. I rarely receive things I've order that fast in my own country.

Kirk

Last edited by k_sonn; 06-23-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:45 PM
uniLIGHT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Yes, the higher voltage needs the dedicted resistor additionally and anywhere in the wire of the lamp - it's quite easy. Sure the resistors are not the most sophisticated way to make it, but its easy, cheap and reliable... but of coruese there is some space to improove that in future

g. Ulrich
Old 09-05-2024, 04:20 PM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

Originally Posted by uniLIGHT
Hi,

Yes, the higher voltage needs the dedicted resistor additionally and anywhere in the wire of the lamp - it's quite easy. Sure the resistors are not the most sophisticated way to make it, but its easy, cheap and reliable... but of coruese there is some space to improove that in future

g. Ulrich
I hope this site is still alive,, i installed the NAV lights on my new jet,, Turned them on and I have green lights on both wings.. Did I wire it wrong??? THANK YOU
Old 09-05-2024, 07:22 PM
FlyJ

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil Hoss
I hope this site is still alive,, i installed the NAV lights on my new jet,, Turned them on and I have green lights on both wings.. Did I wire it wrong??? THANK YOU
Did you order a red light? Sounds like you got two green lights from Unilight. Wiring won’t change the color.
Old 09-06-2024, 12:05 AM
Lil Hoss

Thank you for your reply,,, When I received the lights I tested them.. I had 1 red and 1 green.... After the install I now have 2 green... Very confused Thank again
Old 09-06-2024, 07:26 PM
FlyJ

Thank you for your reply,,, When I received the lights I tested them.. I had 1 red and 1 green.... After the install I now have 2 green... Very confused Thank again
Can you send the part numbers for the lights you bought?
Old 09-06-2024, 07:28 PM
FlyJ

Can you send the part numbers for the lights you bought?
Old 09-07-2024, 02:45 AM
Lil Hoss

Good morning FlyJ,,, The lights are installed.. The part # on the box is 6X-090x2 RTWE and GNWE it's apparently 2 green one's were shipped. I messaged the company I bought them from and no reply,,
Guess I will find another company that sells them and buy from them THANK YOU
Old 09-07-2024, 03:11 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 374 Likes on 302 Posts

Dreamworks RC has Unilight
Old 09-07-2024, 03:13 AM
Lil Hoss

Thank you,,