Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skygate/CARF Viperjet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skygate/CARF Viperjet

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2024, 08:57 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

Oops. I have seen that once before, yes factory has flipped the mount. It is possible to cut the servo opening wider to drop the servo. A 3/4” Razor saw blade will work. Servo position does need to match.

Dave
Old 09-10-2024, 01:17 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

I figured that I need to re-cut the opening. I dread doing it. It is so deep in.
CARF forgot to make the fuselage cut outs for the wheels and glued parts in upside down, what's next? I hope the inside of the wing has epoxy. Not awesome.
Pretty paint, though.
Old 09-10-2024, 07:59 PM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
I figured that I need to re-cut the opening. I dread doing it. It is so deep in.
CARF forgot to make the fuselage cut outs for the wheels and glued parts in upside down, what's next? I hope the inside of the wing has epoxy. Not awesome.
Pretty paint, though.
Carf should be compensating you somehow with these mess ups IMO. Check your parts bags for the wing bolts. They are 5mm I believe. Mine were so short, they wouldn't even reach the fuselage blind nut. Had to run to Home Depot to pick some up as I didn't have any. 35mm I believe is what works.
Old 09-10-2024, 08:51 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 745 Likes on 539 Posts

6mm. I have been involved with a lot of Vipers over the years and problems are rare.

For me I would quite like the wheel openings to be left. They can then be cut to suit the wheels/legs exactly. But, certainly this is not normal. As always, the Sales Rep you used is there to help. Although I know most of the US reps are at JetPower this weekend, they will still help.
Old 09-10-2024, 09:15 PM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
6mm. I have been involved with a lot of Vipers over the years and problems are rare.

For me I would quite like the wheel openings to be left. They can then be cut to suit the wheels/legs exactly. But, certainly this is not normal. As always, the Sales Rep you used is there to help. Although I know most of the US reps are at JetPower this weekend, they will still help.
Oops. Yes 6mm. Not a common size for those of us in the hobby As for the openings, I couldn't do as nice a job as the factory but I'm sure many can.
Old 09-11-2024, 03:40 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

My local CARF rep is awesome and he offered to fix things himself. I have a builder friend that is much better at making the cutouts than I am and he agreed to help making the holes in the fuselage.
I fixed the servo mount and moving on to getting the landing gear mounted. The flap servos needed a 1/8" (3mm) spacer to have the arm line up with the horns of the surface. So, I made a plywood plate to fill the opening and epoxied it in place. If anyone else needs to do this, here is a tip - drill the servo mounting holes before you glue the plywood in. Now left and right wings are slightly different and my OCD will have to deal with it.

The QC stickers put all over the model are a joke. It is like buying a four door car and it only having 3-doors when it is delivered to you