Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Abrams won't move out of idle.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Abrams won't move out of idle.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2024, 05:04 AM
JFWall54

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tamiya Abrams won't move out of idle.

I have a Spectrum DX6i and a RadioLink AT10II and I can't get either transmitter to move my new Full Option Abrams build out of idle. Just recently my Full Option Pershing started acting the same way. It just sits there regardless of my settings. I ran it a few weeks ago and it ran fine. Are these GREMLIMS or did I mess up something??

If it can't be fixed short of buying another transmitter (an Attack 4YWD), I'm really hoping someone has developed a workaround for this idle business.

Thanks for Your help
John
The following users liked this post:
Super18 (09-08-2024)
Old 09-08-2024, 07:52 AM
Fsttanks

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by JFWall54
I have a Spectrum DX6i and a RadioLink AT10II and I can't get either transmitter to move my new Full Option Abrams build out of idle. Just recently my Full Option Pershing started acting the same way. It just sits there regardless of my settings. I ran it a few weeks ago and it ran fine. Are these GREMLIMS or did I mess up something??

If it can't be fixed short of buying another transmitter (an Attack 4YWD), I'm really hoping someone has developed a workaround for this idle business.

Thanks for Your help
John
Neither of my Tamiya Abrams have an "idle" setting at start up like the Pershing. So something else is going on.
Old 09-08-2024, 11:12 AM
JFWall54

After close inspection of the , I inadvertently pulled the power cable out when I was working on the turret of the Abrams.

Its now fixed however my Pershing still won't move out of idle with either transmitter.

Regards
John W
Old 09-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Fsttanks

Received 273 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by JFWall54
After close inspection of the , I inadvertently pulled the power cable out when I was working on the turret of the Abrams.

Its now fixed however my Pershing still won't move out of idle with either transmitter.

Regards
John W
Are you using the proper sequence of TX movements?

On both my TXs in my Pershings (DX8 and "no label" brand) I use: Throttle trim all the way down in reverse, then a quick tap full reverse "down" of the throttle stick, then push forward "up" slightly on the throttle stick and move the trim back to neutral.
Old 09-09-2024, 11:20 AM
JFWall54

That's precisely what I do yet I get no movement. It used to work fine but for some reason I can no longer get it to jump into drive from idle. I find this protocol very annoying and would like to find a workaround that would eliminate the need to use it at all. All my other tanks don't use this to move forward. Please, does anyone have a solution to this problem.
Old 09-10-2024, 09:27 AM
RC_BobM

Received 100 Likes on 79 Posts

JFWall - the Tamiya Pershing MF control unit came with that feature to allow reving the engine sound with no movement. Its a bit fiddley to get out of that mode. Its in the manual for the Pershing the steps to get it out of this mode.

Keep trying the steps Fsttanks describes to get it out of that mode. There isn't a workaround unless you use non-Tamiya control boards.

B
Old 09-10-2024, 10:37 AM
RichJohnson

Received 385 Likes on 243 Posts

Sometimes this happens when you make changes to the settings of the radio.
what you should do is turn on the radio and the tank off.
adjust your channel center points to 0 or center.
then review your settings if you have them on servo movement proportion and change them back to 100% if they have been changed.

then turn on the tank and follow the stick movement set up in the Tamiya manual and set your stick end points on the dmd and then it should work again.