Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

BOLD PREDICTION: Zenoah will eventually follow FUJI IMVAC down the crapper

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BOLD PREDICTION: Zenoah will eventually follow FUJI IMVAC down the crapper

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 05:15 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BOLD PREDICTION: Zenoah will eventually follow FUJI IMVAC down the crapper

might have been at one time.but as with everything else,it's cheaper to have it made in china nowdays.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:16 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BOLD PREDICTION: Zenoah will eventually follow FUJI IMVAC down the crapper

ORIGINAL: closetguy

might have been at one time.but as with everything else,it's cheaper to have it made in china nowdays.
please read this http://www.emjayltd.com/importexport...ang-vs-zenoah/
Old 12-16-2012, 07:34 AM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my Zenoah G engines are from Japan. The only China made engine I own is the DLE 55 in my RC Guys Super Decathlon....great engine and I would by another.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Hate to burst your bubble but Zenaoh engines are now made in China.

So if you buy one according your post you are (Quote why would you support a communist faction )

Milton
prove it.
No problem

http://www.manufacturing.net/news/20...hinese-factory

Now in no way am I saying this downgrades Zenoah engines, They still are one of the best RC engines ever made.

Milton
Old 12-16-2012, 09:20 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

ORIGINAL: closetguy

please read this http://www.emjayltd.com/importexport...ang-vs-zenoah/
Anyone that has worked in a hard chroming shop will tell you that a freshly chromed cylinder is anything but smooth. The hard chrome has fuzz sticking up from every slight projection or imperfection as well all outside corners like the edges of the ports. The hard chroming process must be refinished (honed, ground, or burnished) before it is usable as we know it.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 AM
dadragon

I build giant war I want and need the weight of the engine instead adding 1 or 2 pounds of crap on the nose,in my hanger is 4 zens 3 quadras and 1 sv (china).thats all I have to say.
Old 09-10-2024, 04:22 PM
Red Baron Mike
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Zenoah Engines

To: psgugrad

I know this is an old thread but the silly statement you made about Zenoah engines going down the crapper deserves a response!

Have you ever run a Zenoah engine and have first hand experience? What "facts" are you basing your comment on?

Zenoah engines are extremely well made, are ULTRA reliable, are very long lasting and nearly indestructible. Plus they are made with high quality materials, unlike many of the $1.99 chicom engines! Also, many of us prefer the ease of operation and simplicity of a magneto engine instead of a separate ignition system, extra battery and switch.

Most likely you will go down the crapper long before Zenoah engines!

Last edited by Red Baron Mike; 09-10-2024 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2024, 11:05 PM
DaveR
My Feedback: (7)

I have to laugh, the OP was correct….Zenoah is not carried anymore. Only the 60+ yr old crowd would even be interested. They are difficult to fit in airplanes, side carbs suck! Always needed to buy a replacement muffler. Sure, if you had Ralph Cunningham strip off the unnecessary crap, chop the tail off the crank and add a C&H ignition, you could have a good engine. Those mounted up in airplanes I’m sure will run great until planted in the ground.