Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Whats the best way to get glasses for distance

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Whats the best way to get glasses for distance

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:48 AM
josecilurzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after consulting ophthalmologist, in my case he prescribed yelow polarized lenses ( to use all day ), and, sometimes i use melanin color polarized too, well, change my eyes!!! my visual acuity greatly improved, i have not problem to see the airplane on landing, and, on air.
i bought my lenses in luzerne optical.

jose
Old 09-16-2024, 01:42 PM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Pete,

Sounds like the same thing that I did where I needed a pair of glasses for long distance and then a pair for up close. I got the eyes checked and got an up to date prescription. With that prescription I asked the optometrist what numbers do they need to make the glasses for distance only, the they told me to tell the manufacture to make a set for distance only and a set for close up only and they did. I had them made at Glasses USA.com. This being the first set of prescription glasses that I had ever needed, it was an adjustment the first time I wore them. Every time after, the adjustment period is less than 10 minutes, but it is well worth it since when I fly the jets are crystal clear. To ensure that the prescription was correct I had the glasses checked at the optometrist and they were spot on.

Hope this helps.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1208.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	2274577