Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Saito FG-60R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2024, 01:49 AM
mitchilito
My Feedback: (7)

Received 170 Likes on 144 Posts

Flew it again at a fly-in this weekend. It took a tiny tic of lean adjustment and it was roaring all over the field. When I'm' flying this thing I have a big smile on my face.
Old 10-02-2024, 04:16 PM
Hyjinx

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

I bet Mitch. Nothing like a three cylinder going by low and slow. The triples sound throatier and have such a nice lope compared to fives sevens and nines. Sound closer to my old 65 OHV Panhead lol. Hope you came through Helene ok buddy, wondering about you.....
Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM
mitchilito

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
I bet Mitch. Nothing like a three cylinder going by low and slow. The triples sound throatier and have such a nice lope compared to fives sevens and nines. Sound closer to my old 65 OHV Panhead lol. Hope you came through Helene ok buddy, wondering about you.....
You're right, Arron. Experience tells us that at our small scale the fewer and larger the cylinders, the more they sound like their big brothers.

With regard to the hurricane, we were lucky - this time. It missed us inland completely and washed the poor folks up in the Asheville area right off the map. What a disaster! Thanks for thinking of me.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Hyjinx

Phew Mitch. I was hoping you got spared, was sort of afraid to ask, saw your post and extrapolated the notion you got through ok. Happy bout that Sir. My friends people who are still around Ashville and the State are in our prayers. As is the nation. Straight up right on sound. If blindfolded, my old 450 R3 on nitro would beat all my fives and sevens for sheer sound experience. Would win out every pass lol, and especially at an idle.
Old Today, 01:35 AM
mitchilito

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
Phew Mitch. I was hoping you got spared, was sort of afraid to ask, saw your post and extrapolated the notion you got through ok. Happy bout that Sir. My friends people who are still around Ashville and the State are in our prayers. As is the nation. Straight up right on sound. If blindfolded, my old 450 R3 on nitro would beat all my fives and sevens for sheer sound experience. Would win out every pass lol, and especially at an idle.
Plus 1 on every bit of that.

I'm just about to finish up my 3W Rare Bear with its Moki 300 radial. But more and more lately (age!) I'm liking these smaller radials/airplanes for their ease of operation/handling. I'm pretty sure a Saito R90 is in my immediate future.
Old Today, 11:56 AM
Hyjinx

We must be brothers. I am in the same mode. My third school BUSA with its Moki 250-7 has been a few hours away from flying for a sadly long time. I am real happy with my smaller five cylinder OS and Saitos.