Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

IX14 sudden power issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2024, 09:50 PM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default IX14 sudden power issue

My ix14, which has never been dropped, spilled on, or suffered any other trauma than a lil stick banging, suddenly started having what I can only describe as a power button issue. I've only had it for about 4 months. I tried to turn it on today, and the screen just started flashing the ix14 splash screen. I tried to turn it off and it would not respond. I had to eventually disconnect the battery for it to turn off from the flashing screen.

Not sure what made me do so, but eventually I put it on charge. It booted up on its own. When it finally got to the model, I noticed that the battery percentage showed 20% which was odd because I'd used it the night before and it was well above 90% when I did the shut down procedure. Thinking maybe I had a brain farther and THOUGHT I turned it off and just turned off the screen, I just chalked it up to that. No biggie, Li-ions are pretty resilient when they're new, so I just left it on charge. Except that it took forever, and thenscreen got really hot.

More importantly, now, the power button does not function at all unless I have the radio charging. I can't use the power button to sleep, power down, turn on, anything unless i pull the battery and reconnect. When it does come back on, everything is fine until I power down or put to sleep. Then, the power button doesn't do anything unless I pull the battery and reconnect. And again, when on charge, sometimes it gets hot, sometimes not. It's been on and off (to cool) charging for over 12 hours now, and still not full, so I'm sure the battery is fubarred.

BUT

I'm not sure if the battery went bad because I drained it (unlikely) and is causing the issue, or if something went wrong with the radio software/hardware and is affecting the battery and power button. Also noticed that when things get hot, the screen gets really hot but the battery is cool or just barely warm.

Any ideas?

Last edited by djmp69; 10-04-2024 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-04-2024, 10:18 PM
djmp69

When i can get it to turn on without the charger hooked up, if I hit the power button twice to put it to sleep, the screen just goes black, and the power light stays lit orange. After that, nothing will happen, I can't even use the power button to turn it on. The only way to get it to turn on is either pull the battery and reconnect, or if I hook up the charger, the screen comes back without me having to press anything.
Old Today, 04:16 AM
AndyKunz

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Answered in your RCG thread.
Old Today, 10:55 AM
djmp69

Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Answered in your RCG thread.
Great support