Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Videos
Reload this Page >

Stunning Tamiya DF-03 MS 4WD Buggy (2008) | Tribute

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Videos Place your links to rc car videos in this dedicated forum. Please include clip title and short description plus filesize and format (wmv, rm, mpg, mov)

Stunning Tamiya DF-03 MS 4WD Buggy (2008) | Tribute

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:15 AM
T-StudioWorks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stunning Tamiya DF-03 MS 4WD Buggy (2008) | Tribute

The DF03 Chassis was 1st released as the Dark Impact in Mar 2006. This MS version is the hopped-up, top of the line version. The DF03 MS, named after 'Maezumi Satoshi' a Tamiya sponsored driver with his distinctive colour scheme was released in June 2008.

The buggy was unique being shaft driven 4WD and having a longitudinal central battery arrangement. To me, it is a development of the 1992 DF01 Top Force Evolution with beefier offset side mounted main drive shaft, updated for 2008.

Racing features include ball differentials, slipper clutch, alum dampers, centre one-way, universal drive shafts and adjustable hard turnbuckles. Durability is an issue with the buggy as it's too well packaged in thin plastics, not suiting mid-2000s race tracks with many big jumps. Batteries & motors were getting heavier and providing more power, putting more stress on the plastic bathtub, gearboxes & shock towers.

Knowing this, aftermarket upgrade parts were added to the initial build of the buggy. These included an alum centre brace, carbon fibre & alum shock towers, stronger rear diff joints and titanium hex screws. Aluminium steering wipers and bridge were also added to help fix durability issues.

The outcome is beautifully stunning old school with splashes of carbon fibre and Tamiya 'Blue' aluminium. The stickers to produce the striking Maezumi Satoshi colour scheme was tricky to apply but easier than painting from scratch.

It's been 15 years since I initially started to built this kit and it still brings a quiet smile when I admire the design & engineering. Thank you again Tamiya!

1st Release in June 2008 Item No: 49496 | Re-release in Sept 2013 Item No: 84370

Official Tamiya Webpage: https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/-road...s-chassis-kit/
Old Today, 12:18 AM
T-StudioWorks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some pics from the video: