Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

I'd like to think this is good news...

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

I'd like to think this is good news...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2024, 07:17 AM
1967brutus

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts
Default I'd like to think this is good news...

For anyone that might be interested:

The Sanye engine line production has been rebooted, it seems, and with a few exceptions it seems the entire gamma of 2 and 4 stroke glow engines are being produced again, apparently under the label "SC". Unknown if the other labels (ASP and Magnum) will be marketed as well.

Gossip is that the core-team (whatever that might mean) of the earlier Sanye production has made a restart using the original tooling, so parts should be 100% compatible with existing ASP/Magnum/SC engines.

Whatever one's opinion on chinese engines, at least it is a nice thing to see a brand with a known design return to the market.
Old 10-12-2024, 02:05 AM
jaka54

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Good news!!
Hope the electric fliers can go back to glow powered flight again! So the hobby can survive being a hobby and not a child´s play as it is today with all the ready built foam planes.
Old 10-12-2024, 03:47 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1967brutus
For anyone that might be interested:

The Sanye engine line production has been rebooted, it seems, and with a few exceptions it seems the entire gamma of 2 and 4 stroke glow engines are being produced again, apparently under the label "SC". Unknown if the other labels (ASP and Magnum) will be marketed as well.

Gossip is that the core-team (whatever that might mean) of the earlier Sanye production has made a restart using the original tooling, so parts should be 100% compatible with existing ASP/Magnum/SC engines.

Whatever one's opinion on chinese engines, at least it is a nice thing to see a brand with a known design return to the market.
Oh man, I hope this is for real! I have noticed on eBay over the past couple of months, Asp/Magnum/Sanye type engines being sold NIB and wondered how a seller got such a big inventory of them. SC (Super Custom) is one of the old Sanye brands along with the others I just listed. So was PH or Planet Hobby.

This is EXCELLENT news!
Old 10-12-2024, 04:23 PM
Jesse Open

Received 107 Likes on 99 Posts

How are the new prices?
Old 10-12-2024, 06:37 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

"I'd like to think this is good news...
you know, my friend had a Magnum 91-fs and it ran very well. I had the Magnum 180-fs. I won't talk about it behind it's back.
Old 10-12-2024, 08:16 PM
1967brutus

Originally Posted by Kmot
Oh man, I hope this is for real!
It IS for real!

SC Two Stroke Glow (formerly ASP) – Just Engines

SC Four Stroke Glow (formerly ASP) – Just Engines

Taking inflation into account, prices have gone down rather than up: I paid a touch over 1600 Euro for my radial about 6 years ago, current price is about 1730,- The increase is only roughly half of the inflation: 1600 corrected for 6 years of inflation would have been just shy of 1900 euro.
So it's not a bad deal either.

Last edited by 1967brutus; 10-12-2024 at 08:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kmot (Today)
Old 10-12-2024, 08:18 PM
1967brutus

Originally Posted by the Wasp
"I'd like to think this is good news...
you know, my friend had a Magnum 91-fs and it ran very well. I had the Magnum 180-fs. I won't talk about it behind it's back.
Understandable... in glow form those can really bite you in the fingers when you're not extremely nice to them...

My own ASP engines (I currently have 9 in regular use) have proven to be extremely durable and reliable despite being run way outside their operational parameters.

Last edited by 1967brutus; 10-12-2024 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2024, 08:00 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

my 180^ ran fine on the ground, I broke it in on the stand, had a bit over an hour on it before I flew it. it ran fine in the air. but once it flew for a few minutes it would not come down to an idle. adjusting the Carb didn't help.
on that last flight the engine just flamed out and it went in (OS FS plug). the case cracked open. it's casting was very soft. I don't think I had more than 7 flights on that engine.

for another side of Magnum engines.
"Weston UK" at one time sold modified Magnum 4-stroces, they came with a very short Intake Manifold. I have always wondered how well they performed.
Engines and Engine Accessories (westonuk.co.uk)

Last edited by the Wasp; 10-13-2024 at 08:05 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM
Jesse Open

Received 107 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by the Wasp
my 180^ ran fine on the ground, I broke it in on the stand, had a bit over an hour on it before I flew it. it ran fine in the air. but once it flew for a few minutes it would not come down to an idle. adjusting the Carb didn't help.
on that last flight the engine just flamed out and it went in (OS FS plug). the case cracked open. it's casting was very soft. I don't think I had more than 7 flights on that engine.

for another side of Magnum engines.
"Weston UK" at one time sold modified Magnum 4-stroces, they came with a very short Intake Manifold. I have always wondered how well they performed.
Engines and Engine Accessories (westonuk.co.uk)
Not sure what the prices were before the Sanye prices “Came down” (Right, just like our groceries are now cheaper)
The Saito FA-180 now costs only about $45 more than the Sanye 180.
The Saito FA-180 is a very easy engine to handle.
Old Today, 01:27 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1967brutus
It IS for real!

SC Two Stroke Glow (formerly ASP) – Just Engines

SC Four Stroke Glow (formerly ASP) – Just Engines

Taking inflation into account, prices have gone down rather than up: I paid a touch over 1600 Euro for my radial about 6 years ago, current price is about 1730,- The increase is only roughly half of the inflation: 1600 corrected for 6 years of inflation would have been just shy of 1900 euro.
So it's not a bad deal either.
The two stroke engine prices seem pretty reasonable to me.