Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Extreme shaking on my Aerohawk

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Extreme shaking on my Aerohawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 11:42 AM
larsen2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme shaking on my Aerohawk

I have a problem with extreme shaking with my aerohawk after just 2-3 seconds in the air...
I can see that the gearwheel that connects to the mainengine is moving a little bit up and down when using the tiltcontrols on the remote. Is this normal and what can I do to get rid of the shaking? Can it have something to do with the moving gearwheel?
Old 11-15-2003, 12:48 PM
tomflier

Default RE: Extreme shaking on my Aerohawk

Make sure the screws that hold the main blades on aren't tight and;

Balance your blades...

1.Take both blades off the Heli
2.Put the blades up against eachother to see if they line up(if not bend them to be symetrical to eachother.
3.Balance them by bolting them together with a long round head bolt and set the blades(ends of the bolts) one each side or the object(vice works well) to alow them to pivot.
4. Put tape(Electrical on bottom works good)on the blades until the blades don't pivot to one side.
5.Put the blades back on heli and enjoy smoother flight.

I don't think the main flywheel will make shaking unless it is really messed up(the heli should't even spool up if its really bad)

Always Glad to help
tomflier
Old 11-15-2003, 12:50 PM
rødebaldakin

Check the yellow rubber tube holding the main shaft, this should keep the shaft up tigh with no play. the shaking you refer to is propably due to an unballanced blade or flybar. These small helis need to be very accurate set up for correct operation. When good enough ballanced there should be almost no vibration noticable at lower rpms and the sound should be a low frequens hum rather than the gnarwling noise it makes when things are not on ballance. The key things to balance is,,,, the blades, bolt them togheter and make sure they are in harmony by spinning them in something, the ballrace mount for the tailshaft does a good jobb for this,,, take the head without the main rotors and balance as a unite with flybar as accuratly sentered as possible...paddles absolutly 0 degres on each other. Bladeposition is also a key thing, they should be screwed on tight and equally tight on both sides,, pull the blades by their tips to make them stand in corrects position to each other,,,, this might have to be done every time you bump into something or land hard.

Other good beginners tips

-Stiffen the rotorhead with carbon rods and strong glue,,,YES befor you ballance it.
-Som plastic seams in the two main rotorhead parts might have to be sanded and trimme a bit for smoth operation,, tipping the head from side to side should not go trough any "clicks and nuudgeds"
-Ballance!!!!!!!!!!! and ballance!!!!! cant be done to much as long as your heli is getting rough newbie treatment.
-Forgett fancy carbon crapp and expencive mods, the heli is ready to go if you set it up right save the expencive stuff until after you are done crashing, chanses are you will **** up the heli by messing with engines and other fancy stuff you dont know how to use,, margins are tight on this design it not hard to make it unfyable by adding weight and stuff.
-Make yourself some trainer feets if you donnt have,,, just keep it light enough, carbon rods or light wood rods.
-Strap your batterypack so that it rest on the training gear,, strip on a little plywood plate og anything other light to make a battery tray. This gives the heli a lower weight point and makes it more sluggish BUT more stable,, pluss jamming that pack back in the rubber hockup everytim you crash is a pain in the,,,,
-Put the pushrods in one of the holes closest to the senter of the servo arm, this vil limmit the output and your ability to **** up the heli by doing newbi overscaled inputs,, servoarms might have to be shiftet on the servohead a couple of clicks as your trimrange also hampered.
-Under liftof let the heli turn slowly clockvise, this will keep it more in one spot and you dont get into the "aaaaah its flying,,,,god its flying damn fast,,,aaaaai!" with the frentic newbi sticks going in all directions at once.

Other than this all I can say is,,, be patient,,,so very patient
Old 11-15-2003, 04:44 PM
rcnutman
My Feedback: (22)

my heli was shaking i lot. I dont have any clue what any of the heli parts are called i dont know how to balence blades. I got lucky i took off the pingpong balls. i left on the wire rods and all is well no more skaking. Give it a go.it is still very sturdy on landings with just the wires.[sm=idea.gif]
Old 11-16-2003, 05:58 AM
erikoys

verdt et forsøk, larsen! hva med badminton til uka??? og julebord?
Old 11-17-2003, 04:11 PM
rcnutman
My Feedback: (22)

huh aaaa ok[sm=confused.gif]