Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Radio Programming (JR XR3I)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 07:47 PM
fastfred
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Programming (JR XR3I)

Maybe someone can tell me if my radio does this...

Can I set it up so that the throttle has more control in the middle? Like changing the slope?

What does the EXP setting do? What about Mix?

Thanks,

ff
Old 11-18-2003, 04:28 PM
kethomps

Default RE: Radio Programming (JR XR3I)

The Futaba FM radio has a feature similar to what you are talking about.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:31 PM
kethomps

Default RE: Radio Programming (JR XR3I)

3. What is Exponential and how do I set it?

Exponential is an adjustment to the actual curve of how the inputs are given to the servo in relation to how the stick is moved. Without expo, the servo gets exactly the same amount of movement command per millimeter of movement of the gimbal regardless of the gimbal's position (center, or extremes, for example). Many modelers use expo to soften the feel of the model's response around center to avoid over correcting. It is also recommended to add additional negative expo to high rates so that the high and low rates give similar distance of travel around center. This is helpful to avoid overcontrolling in panic situations or when changing rates.

Exponential is set independently for your 'high rate' and 'low rate' (called dual rate), by flipping the switch, just as you did setting the two dual rates.

*off of Futaba's website