Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Savage 30/70 brake/throttle switch = Faster Savage??

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 30/70 brake/throttle switch = Faster Savage??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 01:05 PM
LESLIEx317537
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 30/70 brake/throttle switch = Faster Savage??

I looked at my slide carb under full throttle and noticed that the carb wasn't opening up fully.

I then used the 30/70 function and recentered the servo arm and now my slide carb opens all the way to the end. I'm going to test it today and also look at my other two friends Savage's and see if their carbs are not opening all the way...

The brake still works, but I donno as well. Only testing will tell.

Report later...
Old 05-07-2003, 01:24 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

how do u do that i am new to a savage so i dont have any idea how you set the 70/30 and where can u pls expain it to me
Old 05-07-2003, 01:38 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default It is a switch,

It is a switch on your transmitter that let you change the amount of brake and throttle %. You should be able to get full throttle with the 50/50 if the servo arm is set right and you will get better braking that way. I belive and don't quote me on this that the 70/30 is used for less braking going into turns??? But, I am not sure? I think I read that in my controler manual.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

I replaced my stock throttle servo when I upgraded the steering servo(used stock steering for throttle)didnt notice where setting was but did make sure I had full throttle and brake when setting up
Old 05-07-2003, 01:53 PM
badboy2

are thoe the ones on rt upper side of the radio?was this setting on the manual?i just want to know..btw what do you think is the problem when i start it and try to rev it.. it dies ..and i keep on doin it till it runs..and still not shifting to 2nd gear..i can feel that the power is controlled ...can you help me..
Old 05-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default I don't have a Savage,

But the controller on my T-Maxx has the same thing 50/50 and 70/30 and yes those are the ones on the right upper side of the radio. As far as your truck not running right it may just need more time to break in?? You may have to go through a few glow plugs before it is broken in all the way. Also yours not shifting into second it may need adjustment in the trans. The T-Maxx has a screw that changes the shifting point so maybe your Savage does also?? Or maybe again it needs to be broken in more???
Old 05-07-2003, 02:05 PM
badboy2

is it ok if i put it full throttle when running..its like i am forcin it to switch to 2nd gear..would that break my engine
Old 05-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default As long as you have broken it in!

Did you break it in?? If you have not fully broken it in yet try not to open up the throttle yet. Hitting second gear is not somthing you should worry about yet if you have not broken in the engine. The fun stuff comes a bit latter!
Old 05-07-2003, 02:37 PM
badboy2

yeah i broke it in last sunday i did 3tanks idle i did 2extra tanks thinking its better than 1tank run only as per manual then 1tank while slowly doin throttle then oval run run 1/4throttle..then last 2 days i was runnin it and sometimes u wont notice that you are on the full throttle already thats why i release it after like 5-10secs on full throttle..what about that start and die thing what do you think causes that
Old 05-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Groundforce-RCU
My Feedback: (20)

My Gloplug went soon after extended break in.....started out the same way.....run then die. I replaced it with a Mc 59 its been fine since.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default Your carb settings,

Your carb settings could be off?? It is hard to say what would work as they change almost every day! One thing you should do is change the glow plug if it is the same one it came with and you broke it in with. I am not saying it's bad but even if it is showing a good glow to it it could be just a bit weak. A normal break in could have you go through 3-4 plugs before they start lasting longer. Again this is not always the case. I had my T-Maxx's plug last for a month and over a gallon of fuel before I had to change it. Leave the low speed needle alone and try adjusting the high speed needle. My guess is that a normal setting would be about 2 1/2-3 turns out. Check your manual to see what it says (and it is not always right either). This is the toughest part in getting started in nitro! But, once you get it down you will be very happy!
Old 05-07-2003, 03:04 PM
badboy2

its a lot different cuz my terra crusher was so easy to break in cuz it has only 1 needle so get confused..anyway thanks guys ..ihope i dint get a dud or lemon
Old 05-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Ledgendary
Banned

Default I am sure it will all work out!

Try changing that plug and see what happens. My Duratrax MT Pro went through 3 plug when I broke it in!
Old 05-07-2003, 05:24 PM
Unstable

try turning the high speed needle in 1/8 a turn.

if the truck is running rich it will "load up" and die and you wont get the power to get to 2nd.

if it gets better try another 1/8th at a time till it runs right. if it starts to get worse back it out a 1/4 turn and go from there. remember better a touch rich then any lean.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:19 PM
z style

Default RE: <span class=

how often do you guys cahnge yoru glow plugs and how long do they usually last?