Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Hint For Those Pesky ARF Control Horns

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Hint For Those Pesky ARF Control Horns

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 03:45 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hint For Those Pesky ARF Control Horns

Please excuse me if this is a repeat since my last thread.
For those blunt end mounting screws into the ARF control horns; they can be difficult to line up
the second screw. One nite I said hmmm, if I were to file or grind on my belt sander, the flat
end into a point then it would find the hole in the backing plate much easier. From then on, it
has saved so many cuss words. Once completely seated, the sharp point protruding gets cut
flush anyway. Simple but overlooked.
Hope this saves you some time also.

Randy
Old 11-26-2003, 02:21 AM
Jimmbbo

Default RE: Hint For Those Pesky ARF Control Horns

Now you can save the cuss words for the flying field!!! Good idea!!

Jim
Old 11-26-2003, 02:49 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hint For Those Pesky ARF Control Horns

Another good way to relieve the frustration associated with control horns is to drill clearance holes in the horn side. Buy a 2X56 tap and use it on the backing plate. A fine file job on the screws, just barely round the edges, and you will be much happier at the end of the day. I run them through until they are where I want them, mark the screws, remove them and cut off to length with a dremel. Cutting in place will heat the plastic backing plates. Small file to round the ends and reinstall permanently. Gotta go now and mount some control horns on my latest.