Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World models Super sports?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World models Super sports?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Nik
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World models Super sports?

Hey,
What do you think of the World models Super Sports?
Can it fly fast?
Acrobatics?
Flying?
Nagative things? (Besides landing gear)

-Nik
Old 11-25-2003, 06:15 PM
NOVAflier
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: World models Super sports?

Had one with an O.S. 46FX on it. Great plane. Fast as heck (for a newbie) and rolls really fast... Nice plane. I suggest it to anyone who is looking for a low wing second plane. It has a ton of dihedral, comes almost totally complete, and you cannot beat the price..
Old 11-25-2003, 06:17 PM
IronCross

I love both of mine. It will fly real fast or do great airobatics. All depends
on the engine and prop you choose. I have an Irvine .53 in mine swinging a 12x6 APC Prop. What a combo. Love it
and for 99 dollars you can't build one like it.
Nose gear is real soft. I replaced mine with a 3.5 inch fults gear from Tower.
That's about the only negative thing I found on mine. It has what appears to be
a redisigned fuel tank stopper which so far hasn't leaked like most of WM tanks
seem to.
All in all a fantastic buy and a great flyer
Old 11-26-2003, 02:20 PM
glowplug
My Feedback: (1)

I love mine also.....I have well over 150 flights on it and it looks new. I have a TT Pro .46 on mine with an 11x5 prop. It's still very fast even with the lower-pitched prop. Aerobatics are nice.....snap rolls aren't very tight, though. It will hold a nice knife edge. Landings are a breeze. Probably the best $99 you can spend on an ARF!
Old 12-01-2003, 12:33 AM
spyder0069

Can't beat it. Favorite plane so far. I have a Thunder Tiger .46 Pro on mine as well and I fly with a 11x4. I LOVE taking off and pulling straight verticle. Always amazes onlookers. This combo will keep flying till you can't see it!! The plane itself is very well made and built LIGHT!!! Very confidence inspiring. I have been flying for 2 years and this was my first real aerobatic plane to mess around with. I have always been one to just enjoy getting an aircraft airborne fly circles and maybe throw in a touch and go. I never wanted to get to crazy because I was perfecting bringing planes home when my friends were bringing home balsa. I got a World Models Clipped wing cub before this and noticed how well it was designed and flew and then bought the Super Sports. Now, little by little, I am working on aerobatics and its all because this plane really goes where you point it. Fly's great slow too! No bad stall habbits and you can't beat how easy it is to take off from grass with tricycle gear. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. No special tricks on this one. Build it as the instructions show and you can have it together in a evening. The stock landing gear will work great for most. A few bad landings will bend them. I did make new gear that raised the plane an inch because I fly off soccer fields that aren't always mowed the best (and I was tired of my prop picking do the mowing for them). Also moved to 3" tires. We all gotta add our touches to any plane though.