Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Hyper7 or HPI Savage 25

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Frankenthumb
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper7 or HPI Savage 25

I'm generally an airplane guy, but I want to get a car to goof around with and maybe race at the new track that my RC club is building. I hear that the Hyper7 and HPI Savage 25 are both pretty good. I'm just not sure if I should get a Monster truck or a buggy. I'm sure the buggy will be faster, but the truck will be more durable and I can use it in more places.

Which one would you guys go for if you had to choose one?
Old 12-03-2003, 11:29 PM
dagass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyper7 or HPI Savage 25

The Hyper 7 is definitely faster and yes, the Savage can go through the really rough terrain better, but the buggy is definitely going to be the more durable of the two. In my experience, MT's are more prone to breakage than buggies. You can contribute that to the extra weight that the MT's lug around. Buggies weigh in the neighborhood of 7-8 pounds while the MT's are usually in the 10-12 pound range. That extra weight puts alot of extra strain on the MT's plastic components.

Either one will provide you countless hours of fun however the MT's just cannot match the raw power and cornering ability of the buggies. If you have the opportunity, you may want to make your way down to a track and watch both run. Whichever one leaves the biggest smile on your face is the one you should probably get. Good luck!