Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

1/4 scale or Gang standard servos?

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

1/4 scale or Gang standard servos?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Patriot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 scale or Gang standard servos?

Just thought I would start a little post here concerning an issue I have beating around in my head for a couple days now. I am building an 80" bipe around 18-20lbs, and am considering one of two optins for tail surface servos. Do I just go ahead and use the 1/4 scale servos, or is it better to gang up two standard servos with pulleys for a bit of redundancy?
I saw an airplane in a nearby thread that uses a nice pulley setup. It ocurred to me that if he loses on of the two operating servos on the ruuder for example, the other will still operate the rudder, but only with half travel, not great, but enough to get the plane on the ground.
Just wondering whether or not this is really a good idea, or would it be best to just stick with the 1/4 scale servos? I have to admit, I do like the double servo idea, but like the simplicty of using one good 1/4 scale servo even better.

Patriot
Old 12-10-2003, 07:51 AM
Roby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/4 scale or Gang standard servos?

Personally.............I prefer to keep it clean and simple, the less there is,
the less there is to go wrong,maintain,etc,etc.

I pick "a " servo that meets the requirements and install it...............done !

Regards
Roby