Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Missles

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 01:26 PM
RonHill
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Missles

Well the AMA is not the LAW.

And I have seen a Bell X2 dropped and then it flies into the pattern...at which point the pilot fires the rocket and goes vertical with it.
I think this was at Sun 'n' Fun.....

FAA has a reg about dropping objects ....I think its part 105. And it is perfectly legal as long as every precaution has been taken to ensure safety....

You will still be responsible for any damage caused by it...But then you are anyway, but the AMA will not cover it.

And due to the size and weight of these rockets...I doubt the lethal threshold would be exceeded. Hell, you are allowed to fire them into the air right?

We have used them for JATO (at an AMA event), and also just for fun on a quickie 500 (Didn't work well, but the crash was AWESOME).

Still not for the faint of heart. There are several issues with building a rocket and it should not be attempted by someone without the proper knowledge. Besides its not really that cool, they just take off most of the time you really don't see them that well.