Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

quick question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 12:40 AM
dorme1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick question

Is there such a beast as a quick charger for Nimh batteries? I'm sick of waiting 2 hrs between charges...I've got a dragonfly if that helps any.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:43 AM
ChopperMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: quick question

Sure. Any of a number of the newer chargers will charge NiMH. The new Hobbico Mk II is probably the least expensive one that will charge them. I also have a Dymond Super Turbo that will. The difference between NiMH and Nicad is while they both have a slight drop in voltage when they reach full charge, the drop on the NiMH is slightly less. So don't use a charger designed for nicads because it will most likely miss the peak and overcharge the battery. Also, rule of thumb, max charge current should be limited to 2C, e.g. 2Amps for a 1000mAH battery.