Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Newbie with Problems

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Newbie with Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Kryz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with Problems

OK, so I just got an Aerohawk for Christmas and this is my problem. When I try to take off, the whole thing just spins. the back blades dont spin. it does spin if i just pick it up and rotate the entire heli. what causes this problem, and how do i fix it? any other advice is DEFINATELY welcome. Thanks a lot
Old 12-27-2003, 12:56 AM
dorme1

Default RE: Newbie with Problems

Hey man I'm pretty new too, (got mine on Dec 22nd..my Birthday! anyways) look on the gyro, there should be 2 things you can set with a small screwdriver, one is gain and the other is set up, try turning gain until it's at 50%, then while your battery is hooked up (make sure the throttle is totally off) try turing the setup until the little light flashes green and red. Try powering up again and see if it helps, if the tail rotor spins but still doesn't keep it from rotating, try adjusting the trim on your radio (actually you should try this first I suppose!) try throttling up a little and sliding the little switches beneath the joystick for your rotor back and forth slowly until it seems to stop...that's all the advice I have as I have no idea what the hell I'm doing yet.
Old 12-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Kryz

I tried that, but unless I'm just totally wrong with what I was doing (which i think i figured it out), it didn't work...grrr...Anything else to try? the troubleshooting in the instructions are non existant, and I'm completely lost as far as these things go.
Old 12-27-2003, 05:21 PM
Double-OZERO

Are you sure the ESC wires are going to the right place?? If you have the main motor wire going to the rudder it will send more current to the tail and since your gyro senses the spin it will also spin the main rotor. Verify your setup from the ESC, I've had it reversed before and it does this exact thing you describe.