Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

Rotary Cutter for monocoat etc.

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

Rotary Cutter for monocoat etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 03:01 AM
Boss248

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rotary Cutter for monocoat etc.

Marty...From what I can tellt he wheel type cutter will a hell long time. It is made out of some really strong material and is much thicker than a #11. I cut an whole roll of some defective Monokote and it is just as sharp as it was new. I must have made 100 or more cuts making all kinds of really cool and easy tesr drops, wavy flag , paint runs, and the coolest of all was the spread out facon wing kinda like you see on the Christan Eagle, I also did the Thunder Birds Logo that is on the bottom of thier jets...it was so easy!
The real fun is what you can do with the Shape Cutter..guys...this is a MUST HAVE...believe me when I say that after 30 years of doing MonoKote the the Shape Cutter is hands down the tool of the century!!!!! When you get one and use it you will be amazed.
I cut this out in about 2 minutes...I did them real fast but you get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67105.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	84096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59705.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	84097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29365.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	84098  
Old 12-29-2003, 11:44 PM
damifino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rotary Cutter for monocoat etc.

As to the life of a rotary cutter blade, think of it this way: With a #11 blade or razor all you are cutting with is a few microns worth of edge at the tip of the blade, not much to work with is it? The rotary cutting edge is the circumference of the blade, that's 3 to 6 inches worth depending on your cutter. So....these things should last a very long time providing you use a cutting mat. Happy New Year!!