Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Rotostart Broke?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:42 PM
drvcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotostart Broke?

I was breaking in my savage 25 and I started messing with the needles a little early I think. I was on the fourth tank, anyways it wouldnt start and i was cranking the rotostart for a bit too long and now it justs spins freely and wont turn over the engine. So i guess I have broken the one way bearing? anybody know what part number I need from tower hobbies? I dont see one for the .25 engine
Old 01-12-2004, 06:45 PM
coreyhp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Rotostart Broke?

its the same as the one way for the .21, u might of cracked the peice it sits in, u gotta open it up and look to not wate ur time ordering the wrong part
Old 01-12-2004, 08:29 PM
drvcrash

Ok i took it apart , i dont see anything broken in there , with the bearing on the shaft if i twist it by hand slowly it will turn the engine , , i put it back together and the roto start still turns freely , so i put a drilll on it so i could see what happens if i turn it slow and it turns the engine over but i have to go real slow , if i speed up at all with the drill it spins freely ,. Does this sound like the one bearing is broke?
Old 01-12-2004, 09:22 PM
wakbrdr

yea, thats the problem, it can catch when moving slow but when you speed it up it cant
Old 01-12-2004, 09:36 PM
drvcrash

Cool thanks , Im order a couple replacements now, Its not been my week , my new 1/8 buggie ate a rim , my plane crashed into a tree and now the new savage is dead.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:48 PM
coreyhp
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: drvcrash

my plane crashed into a tree
i know it is not funny but is sure does sound funny. lol a tree
Old 01-12-2004, 09:53 PM
wakbrdr

dont worry, my plane crashes all the time
Old 01-13-2004, 09:43 PM
green river rc
My Feedback: (2)

I broke my 2nd bearing today. I called HPI after I broke the first one, (about 2 days after I got it) and they said they would send me another one. It was suppost to have gone out on the 6th, but I haven't see it yet. I'm told a pull start conversion fixes the problem, because it doesn't put as much stress on the hex piece. If you look closely, I bet you will see a crack in the thin part of the hex. Other than that, my Savage has run like a champ, EVERY TIME! Love the truck, hate the bearing problem.