Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

changing mode 1 to mode 2

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

changing mode 1 to mode 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 12:16 AM
gmozavala

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing mode 1 to mode 2

Now that I've read more about mode 1 and mode 2 controls....... Is there an easy way to turn my mode 1 transmitter for a smartech skylark to a mode 2 transmitter? I really would feel much comfortable with the latter.

thanks

guillermo
Old 01-16-2004, 03:06 AM
Super-Hornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: changing mode 1 to mode 2

Hi

Every transmitter model have different way to modify. U just have to open up the take a good look inside (especially the mechanical moving parts for both sticks). If both stick compartment are identical (but mirror each other), then chances that u can modify it easily. U should have 2 springs for the Left stick (Mode 1) and 1 spring and some metal or something for the clicking effect on the right stick (mode 1). Just move the spring from left to right and clicking effect thing to the left. Some say u need to swap the channel also (Can't remember what channel but I think it is channel 1 with 3). This is done by swaping either:

1 - If your potential port wire end is a connector, then just swap over.
2 - If your potential port wire end is soldered, then desoldered and swap and soldered it.
3 - Swap the receiver channel between Channel 1 and Channel 3. (This is what I do)

Super-Hornet