Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

AIR HOGE motor in HB

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

AIR HOGE motor in HB

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 03:20 PM
MUGGA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AIR HOGE motor in HB

Well I was fed up waiting for my sec 280 to come in (the first burned out after 5 days) so I put in a motor from a busted up AIR HOG Heli. Guess what it flies. I'v been flying this way now with everything else stock(except a tail rotor, made out of mini blinds) for 2 months 3 to 4 flights a day. MY new 280 motor finally got here and now it will fly about 1 ft off the ground and for 2 min MAX. With the AIR HOG motor I was getting 10 min. Did i mess up the battery buy flying the AIR HOG? I think I might go back to the AIR HOG motor it could mark up my ceiling and had no heat sinks. I've cut an old cpu heat sink in half now but it's more for weight then cooling.

any info on ni-mh batts would be good. If you have an old air hog I can help set you up or mini blinds hehe. mugga
Old 01-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Keester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIR HOGE motor in HB

Hi, I have a new HB. It came with a 370 motor, no probs as of yet. But also I have an AirHog heli. It really never worked right out of the box! Did yours fly? AND THANKS FOR THE TIP, I WOULD BE GLAD TO USE THE MOTOR OUT OF IT IF NEED BE. I was concidering calling the Airhog people and complaining. What a lame toy! I was very careful with the charging ect. and careful not to overheat it. It only rises about 4 inches before it stops its climb and runs into something. Try it again and the batt is low. [Very weak performance even for a toy]
Keith