Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Eurosport Canard Q`s

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Eurosport Canard Q`s

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 01:24 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eurosport Canard Q`s

ORIGINAL: SJN

What have you done to prevent the elevon striking the TE of the wing ?

I have put some gap seal tape, that insures that the elevon always is tucked under the TE of the wing....... Wil this work ok ?

SJ.
Should work OK but it looks as iff it is restricting your deflection when the gap seal tape contacts the TE. I just heat the TE with a heat gun (lightly) and bend the TE down a tad with a credit card. Hold the card till that section cools and move down the wing the width of the card and do it again till you have covered the length of the TE. I do this about three time a year to assure the TE does not bind. So far, no problems on the three I have built (mine and 2 friends).
Todd
Old 01-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Todd,

I've got Tam's intakes and have done your mods to install them. I have one area of concern....The gap between the intakes (the splitter area) is rather large on my plane after installing the intakes. (About 3/16 to 1/4 inch) What did you use as an intake splitter, to fill the gap between the intakes. A pic would be nice!!!

It's gonna be a day or two before I can post pics of the lights or the elevon hinge mod....Things are hectic at work and I've been having to come in early to work overtime.[&o]

Kevin

PS---Todd, did you get your stand yet???
Old 01-26-2004, 09:29 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin,

Here is what I did .... I took some 1/4" balsa and cut it to the rough shape I wanted, I glued 1/4 x 3/8" spruce stick to the back edge. I then shaped the splitter to fit and made sure I left enough clearance to still remove the upper lip center screw. Once I had the splitter shaped I laminated both sides with 1/16th ply so the edge of the ply butted up against the intakes but the 1/4 spruce slid between the intakes. I then glassd the splitter and painted it. The splitter is held in place just like the intakes with BVM flush mount screws. Plane was in the trailer so I hope these shots are clear enough to make the above make sense..... Stand showed up today, looks good! Thanks again , I owe you one

Let me know if you need more detail on the splitter...
Todd
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25583.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	94626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47138.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	94627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms42973.jpg
Views:	14