Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage ss

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 08:13 PM
racer man05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage ss

how good is the manual on the savage ss? is it pretty descriptive? i would like to build my savage but would like to know if the manual is easy to follow. this would be my second build so i am familiar with what i have to do. also in the kit what else come with it (tools, oils, etc.) anything? thanks for ur info.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:19 AM
bbentley40

Default RE: savage ss

The manual is pretty good. I had only built one other RC kit before my SS and I had no problem with it. You will need some CA glue, loctite, and I suggest going ahead and getting more shock oil. The stuff that comes with the kit is pretty cheap.. some good silicone shock oil is much better. It comes with all the hex tools you will need.. of course a good paif of needle nose are priceless when doing a build (they are not in the kit). Hope that helps.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:37 PM
racer man05

well, what i have from my hyper 7 should be enough. i have all of that. does the savage ss come with a radio and servos too??
Old 01-25-2004, 01:01 PM
bbentley40

No.. the SS does not come with radio, receiver, servos.. any of that. The whole point of the kit is that you get to build it and put whatever kind of electronics you want in it. The RTR 25 uses all AM stuff.. I like using my FM stuff on my RCs... I even converted my mini-t to FM.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:39 PM
racer man05

thats good, if i go for the build ( savage ss) i can use my mx3 and some goos servos and just another receiver. thats cool.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Savage 24651

Building my Savage SS was fun. My grandson and I had no trouble with this kit even though it was our first build . I thought the instructions were very clear except for the amount of oil to put in the shocks.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:54 PM
racer man05

another question, does the savage ss come with any diff. oil or shock oil. i can easly get some, but id like to know.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:54 AM
bbentley40

It comes with some stuff.. but I suggest getting better stuff. The shock oil is pretty sucky.. I changed mine to some good silicone oil.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:05 PM
sprtman400

Stock shock oil is just motor oil. Thickens up in 40 degree weather, then truck does flips due to POOR shock rebound. I've got Losi 25wt silicone in mine. SS kit also comes with grease for diffs. I did the 4 spider gear diff mod for mine with Ofna 3000 wt oil in front diff and 5000wt. oil in rear diff.