Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

1929 Monosport

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 07:04 PM
monocoupe
My Feedback: (40)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1929 Monosport

Just wanted to see if this picture would post, as I have not done this before.....If it does, this is a 1/4 scale 1929 Monosport from my own plans, for those who are interested. G-23 power, 14lbs.

Great...it worked! Thanks for the help Donald!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12715_2641.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	8487  
Old 05-30-2002, 07:31 PM
Tmoth4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1929 Monosport

Yes, I am interested. Is that the same as the Velie Monocoupe? I always thought it was a cute-looking airplane.
You did a beautiful job on your model! I was considering doing my own plans for the Velie Monocoupe in 1/4 scale, but if you already have plans drawn it would save me a lot of work. I have some good pictures of a restored one with orange wings and tail with a black fuselage.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:49 PM
monocoupe
My Feedback: (40)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Velie Monocoupe

Thanks for the kind words! Actually, the Monosport is quite different than the Velie Monocoupe. The horizontal stab is the same, and the basic fuselage is similar, but stretched. the Vertical stab is different, and the wing is almost identical to the Monocoupe 90. The landing gear is also different too. Having said all that, the resemblence is unmistakable isn't it?
The monosport grew out of the Velie, and the Model 90, grew out of the Monosport...at least that's what my research tells me.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:15 PM
Tmoth4
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1929 Monosport

After looking at the pictures again, I see the differences. Here is a picture of the one I have in mind. Evidently it's now hanging in the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in DC, a fantastic museum if you ever get down that way. I love the antique look of this version. One of the things that I wonder about is hiding the gas engine and retaining the radial engine details. I was considering an RCV inline engine, but I don't want to mess with glow engines anymore.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12799_5716.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	8488