Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Just brought a piccolo

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Just brought a piccolo

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 04:54 PM
GREGF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just brought a piccolo

I have been looking at buying an electric chopper for a while and finally found what I was after this weekend. Its a second hand piccolo with ball bearings fitted and ali skids. Apart from this the only other mod was a change to the rotor head which was the installation of a skylark unit. Is this a good mod or am I better to go back to the piccolo unit. The mod was done due to an issue with the piccolo unit poping off during flight!!!!!!.

I also have a question regarding main blades. Do you guys make your own as I see that the piccolo pro has balsa blades with cover film over them. This looks simple to make. Does any one have plans or no of any sites with info on this subject.

Oh and how long should I be charging the standard battery pack that comes with the piccolo.

Old 01-31-2004, 06:08 PM
smokingcrater

Default RE: Just brought a piccolo

is it a fixed pitch? people have made their own blades for the FP, but it isn't the easiest. wait until you can fly and then start experimenting.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:54 PM
GREGF

Yeah thats what im planning to do. Ive ordered two sets of sky lark blades from raidentech. I think two sets maybe needed during the learning period. Cant wait till the arrive.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:01 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

i'd focus on getting tail blades, i'v never broken mains but many tail.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:35 AM
randii

ORIGINAL: GREGF
Its a second hand piccolo with ball bearings fitted and ali skids. Apart from this the only other mod was a change to the rotor head which was the installation of a skylark unit. Is this a good mod or am I better to go back to the piccolo unit. The mod was done due to an issue with the piccolo unit poping off during flight!!!!!!.
IMHO, the Aerohawk head is an upgrade over the FP Piccolo head. The 'Hawk clamps top and bottom and doesn't need a stiffener. The Pic head pops off when it crashes, and that can lead to in-flight disassembly. [X(]

When you want to go variable pitch, though, the 90-degree CP Piccolo head looks good!

Randi
Old 02-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Smithaw
My Feedback: (2)

Randi, I was just curious, i have read my forums and i noticed you tend to use the letters IMHO quite a bit. To better understand what your saying could you let me know what the stands for??
Old 02-01-2004, 04:44 AM
randii

Whoops... that's me being lazy and using shorthand... IMHO means "In My Humble/Honest Opinion" -- this is a way to say that this is just *MY* opinion, and I am NOT an expert!

One of the most frustrating things about the internet is that some folks present their opinions as FACT -- and this is even harder to work with when they also omit anything in the way of their own qualifications. It makes a real mess, sometimes, and one of my personal efforts to avoid this is to qualfy my opinions as such... IMHO.

Randii
Old 02-01-2004, 11:36 PM
GREGF

Cheers for the info. I collect the heli on thursday and its a long weekend here so I can play for 3 days solid.

Hope the blades turn up before then tho.