Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull Extra 300S

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull Extra 300S

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 03:25 PM
rcpilot-ajaxrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Extra 300S

Although this plane is great in the air, it is a pain in the butt trying to taxi. Does anyone else have a problem of contant nose over. I am on a bumpy grass field, but if you can get the speed up quickly, you can usually prevent nose over. If you slow down, forget it.

The other problem was the first landing (which wasn't hard) ripped the bottom of the fuse out. No plywood to speak of. It is now heavily reinforce and I put in 1/4X20 nylon bolts; however, if the landing is 100% perfect, kiss the landing gear goodbye.

I also had the firewall come off. Once again, construction not great.

I replace the .46 engine with a Saito .72 and love the extra power. A word of caution is full throttle decent. Had some flutter but saved it.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:52 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Hi Scott,

Try raking the gear forward to prevent nose-over. I don't know this particular model but, if they're aluminum or glass gear a shim under the back edge will accomplish this without a lot of work.

An old trick us WWI types use when not overly concerned with scale realism (the real ones nosed over a lot too).
Old 05-31-2002, 10:55 PM
rcpilot-ajaxrc

Glass two piece gear. Worth a shot with a shim.