Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Aerohawk pre-flight Setup! Please Help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Aerohawk pre-flight Setup! Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Cabito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerohawk pre-flight Setup! Please Help

I just got the aerohawk and I want to know the pre-flight procedure to follow. How are things suppose to look like, Is there any trimming, balancing that I have to do and how? I have flown the bird about 5-10 times and I am unable to get a stable flight, I get it up about 6ft high and it starts moving all around...what do I need to do for it to be stable in the air...any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
xxguitarist

Default RE: Aerohawk pre-flight Setup! Please Help

define "moving around"....what direction and does this happen at lower altitudes?
Old 02-03-2004, 08:41 PM
StrangeRanger

Cabito, did you do any initial set up when you got it before flying? Do also realize, "stable flight" w/ micro helis is a relative term You should balance your main rotors, tail rotor and the whole heli should be balanced when your flight packs are in. If you have not done these things, search the forums and you will get hundreds of posts on how and what to do. Balancing will make a big difference.
j
Old 02-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Smithaw
My Feedback: (2)

the reason the heli may be "moving around" once you get in the air could be because the main rotor blades might not be tight enough. Make sure that the blades are fairly tight but not to where you have to excert a lot of force to move them.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:40 AM
rodgermoore2001
My Feedback: (3)

when i got my heli i sat on the couch and took it up around 3ft and waited for it to drift in a direction and set her down and adjusted the trim a little away from that direction and took her back up and repeated that trial and error untill the bird was as near stable and hovering in one spot with the least drift.

the heli will never just hover in one spot. It will always drift one direction or another but u want to get it trimmed as close to stable as posable so u don't have to fight the heli from always going in one direction all the time.