Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Just for laughs...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Just for laughs...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 10:46 PM
StrangeRanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just for laughs...

I'd like to hear and/or see what ya'll have done for jurry rigs and lazy/cheap man's repairs. I've lent my digi-cam to a bud so I can't snap any pics right now, and do have parts on order to fix my "fixes" but right now being a newbie w/ my fair share of crashes under my belt my heli is looking pretty funny. Let's see, starting from the front my canopy is ripped along the bottom, did that one getting it out of the box (missed a piece of clear tape that I should have removed), I've got to carbon rods CA'ed under my RX to put rubber bands around to hold my lipos on w/out losing the option to run the nimh's, both sides of my skids are held on and together by black electical tape, my current set of main rotors are covered in yellow tape for balancing and covering dings and nicks from hitting things, my atenae (sp?) wire is pretty frayed, my tail boom skeg is now on it's 7th application of CA (don't know why I keep putting that damn thing back on), and my tail rotor has it's own fair share of yellow tape. And my favorite is my paper clip that I'm using for an anti-rotation support arm. BTW, for other DF owners the snappy looking red CNC ARS helihobby offers, uhhh no, it does not work on DF's. At least not on mine. All in all it's pretty ugly, but flys like a champ so I don't wanna change anything. Got some good karma goin' w/ it right now So fess up, what does yer bird look like?
j
Old 02-05-2004, 12:32 AM
micronut154

Default RE: Just for laughs...

Well I dont have a very good camera so I dont have any pictures available but my landing skids broke off and I couldnt get more than a couple of flights out of them with a CA fix so I made some out of a coat hanger. They are a little heavier than stock but after I painted them black they actually look pretty good. I will try to post some pics but I can't make any promises.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:18 AM
Super-Hornet

Hi

I don't have anything damage right now..Yeah!! (Touch wood!). Anyway. I use Floppy Disk Jewel Case plastic for my Li-Poly holder/compartment. I also use CDR Jewel Case (Black plastic) to cut into some bracket like those carbon fiber type for my Ducted Fan also.

BTW... I don't have Digital Camera also.

Super-Hornet
Old 02-05-2004, 11:00 AM
StrangeRanger

Hey Super_Hornet...If you could post some pics of your Lipo holder I'd really like to see it. Or if you could describe how and what you did I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
j
Old 02-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Super-Hornet

Ok... I tried to get some picture on it. One possible way I can do is to use my brothers Analog Camcorder and capture it and try to convert to picture.

Super-Hornet