Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Nieuport 11 plans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 05:44 PM
keith 202
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nieuport 11 plans?

Anybody out there know where I can get an accurate set of plans for a 1/4 scale Nieuport 11 ? Or a good set of dimensional drawings.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:09 AM
MikeS
My Feedback: (37)

The only N11 I remember seeing is the Proctor 1/5 scale. It is in their museum quality line, so it is very accurate. You could get the 1/5 and enlarge 125% and build from there.

Good luck,
Mike
Old 06-03-2002, 08:36 AM
keith 202
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I have a set of Proter prints for the N-11 but I don't know how accurate they are. That kit has been around for almost 40 years and I wonder if anything was changed to allow for the relativly primitive radios of the day. I may have to scale a plastic model for comparison.
Old 06-06-2002, 03:10 AM
MalcolmL

Default Nieuport 11

So you want accurate plans of the Nieuport 11, eh Bebe ? Doctor Mike Hawkins designed, built and flew successfully a 1/4 scale model at the QSAA meet about 3/ 4 years ago. Mike is a stickler for detail so I would imagine his model is as accurate as ....... ? He's out of town right now on one of his world trips but if you really want to know it's accuracy, and any variations from same, I could try to contact him. He did produce plans for it which are in the Brit "Flying Scale Models" plans range and appeared as a plans feature in the May/June 1999 issue. It was awarded "Best pre-1914 model" by the QSAA although Mike wrote "Who am I to argue !" Try [email protected] for more info about the plans which are also available in 1/5 scale. MalcolmL
Old 03-17-2003, 10:10 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nieuport 11 plans

It might be too late for you, but I have just begun searching for plans for this plane too. Have found one source:

http://www.fly-imaa.org/imaa/IMAAads/pepino/

I don't know anything about the accuracy or quality, but I'll probably order them as I can't find any elsewhere.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:16 AM
MalcolmL

Default Nieuport 11 Bebe

bokuda - you wrote that you could not find any other plans for this model - did you see the reference in my post above yours for another source ? MalcolmL