Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

SIG quarter scale Cub

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 08:09 PM
njrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIG quarter scale Cub

I am just starting the Sig 1/4 scale Cub and I am interested in what do's and dont's others have found for this kit. I will be installing a Zenoah G-26.
Can you advise what servos you used? What coverning?

Thank you,
NJRC Flyer
Old 02-09-2004, 08:24 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: SIG quarter scale Cub

njrcflyer , I've built a few of these and i cant think of anything that i would change other than personal preferences for servo setup and location.
I would go with a cable pull/pull system on the rudder . If your going gas you'll need to move some wieght to the tail to balance on the C.G.
Just take your time and read the instructions carefully . It is really an easy plane to build so just take your time and do a good job.
I have used Super coverite (no longer avail.) , Solartex and Sig Coverall , all worked very well and the results are as good as the work you put into it. For convenience you might consider the precolored Solartex in Cub yellow for the typical J-3 ..
Old 02-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

One piece of advice.....always use the wing struts when flying....
Old 02-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

Spend the extra money on the the Robart or Swenson functioning landing gear... Well worth it on a model this size.

Yak