Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

My TwinTana - Pics

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

My TwinTana - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 02:58 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My TwinTana - Pics

If you guys go flying next weekend i will bring it up. Hopefully my funtana and the super crapster will fit in my pickup.......

sean
ORIGINAL: dirt dummy

Looks great Jack! Hey Ifixairplanes wheres my supersplatster?
Old 02-16-2004, 02:53 AM
MidMadn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SkyDude - I'm not sure who makes it. We get it at our LHS. I will try to get the info for you. The stuff is great.

I can't take any credit for the tinted canopy. It came that way. LOL

I did get to maiden it Saturday. We had really strong winds though. Nobody in their right mind would have been attempting to fly in those winds.
It didn't go so well. I had all I could do to get it down in one piece. [X(] I'm going to re-check the CG and take it out on a less windy day.

Here's one pic from the takeoff. Sorry for the low quality. I had to let a friend who's never used the camera shoot it. It's surprising he got anything. The flight was almost over when I heard him say - oh this lens zooms. LOL

Jack
Old 02-16-2004, 05:33 PM
autoguns

I like it allot....with the bullet holes....JW
Old 02-16-2004, 10:11 PM
autoguns

I also had my wife pick up some of those pilot's at toy's are us ...I think one will go in the 120 size Ryan and the other in the space walker....I think they will like the open cock pit ....lol...I need to find a Johnny bravo to give chase.....JW
Old 02-17-2004, 10:50 AM
MidMadn

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell

Beautiful model, pro-grade pix. I'm learning how to use my new Sony F717; I hope to get half as good as you & your Canon.

Question: how much vertical clearance in that Funtana cockpit? Put another way, how tall did you trim those dolls to fit? I need a pilot for my Matrix, and the buxom blonde I ripped off from my niece is too tall; I'd have to cut too much off and lose the effect I was looking for...

So, might as well get a caricature fugure.

Sorry I missed this earlier Steve.

I'm not sure what the height is. I'll try to take a rough measurement later on if I can.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:52 AM
MidMadn

ORIGINAL: autoguns

I also had my wife pick up some of those pilot's at toy's are us ...I think one will go in the 120 size Ryan and the other in the space walker....I think they will like the open cock pit ....lol...I need to find a Johnny bravo to give chase.....JW
Cool. I have been dying to see what one of these pilots would look like in a cockpit where the head doesn't have to be snapped down in place. It must be the coolest thing when you crank it up and the head starts bobbin around.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:57 AM
MidMadn

ORIGINAL: SkyDude

Very sweet all around. I like those pilots and went to the Toys 'R Us and there they were, so I picked up a couple. Thanks for the tip!

What are you using for the trim around the cowl cutout for the engine heads and the canopy trim? It's not just paint, is it?
No sweat. Glad I could help.

The trim is sold at a local hobby store. It's marketed by a company that goes by the name - Fourmost Products. We use the small u-trim.

http://www.fourmost.com/utrim.htm

Jack
Old 02-17-2004, 02:30 PM
SkyDude

Cool. I need a little trim... Thanks for posting the link and I will check to see if my LHS has some. I've got some cowls that would look good with that.

I just checked Tower Hobbies and they carry it, so I'm good to go if the LHS doesn't have it.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXG852&P=7

Thanks again!