Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Fiberglassing Kyosho Calmato-PLease assist ?!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Fiberglassing Kyosho Calmato-PLease assist ?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 07:56 AM
tbird911
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglassing Kyosho Calmato-PLease assist ?!

I will be recieving my new trainer tommorrow. It is the Kyosho Calmato- the specs say that the wings are balsa sheeted foam wings and they are screw mounted. Anyway here are my questions:

1. I have ordered fiberglass tape adn 30 minute epoxy for wrapping the wing- will the 30 minute epoxy be ok to use on the balsa sheeted foam wings-- it wont deteriorate the wings right ? I read some kinda adhesives eat away the foam.

2. When wrapping the wing I would assume you epoxy the centers like normal, then wrap the wing --but what about the bottom of the wing where the servo attachments are-- do you remove those, wrap then reattach or just go around those or what ?

3. Can anyone provide a link or pictures showing how the "wrapping" is done ? Being new to this, I'm so concerned that I do this correctly- and would still like it to look good on my new plane.
Old 02-18-2004, 08:56 AM
vinnie

Default RE: Fiberglassing Kyosho Calmato-PLease assist ?!

Third, this is the 4th thread you've started on this airplane and it really isn't necessary to do that. [] Just ask the questions on a thread you've already started. There is NO need to fiberglass the Calmato wing. Use sufficient 30 minute epoxy so that it oozes out from eveywhere. Wipe off the excess with a rag or paper towel soaked with alcohol, tape it together well, and let it cure overnight. The only exposed foam is in the servo well and epoxy won't hurt foam. So relax and take the time necessary to get a thoroughly glued joint and save the fiberglass for some other project.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:53 PM
tbird911

Default RE: Fiberglassing Kyosho Calmato-PLease assist ?!

whatever..thanks ....